Thursday, 30 September 2010

A Finish & Other Stuff

I put my last stitch into “Cheryl” (which I have been stitching along with the other members of the SAL) on Sunday evening, but due to the rotten weather the light has not been any good to take photos, but today is sunny and bright so without further ado…here she is….

SDC11507 SDC11500 SDC11501 SDC11504 SDC11506

“A Bouquet for Cheryl” by Marc Davis, Needlemania

Stitched on 32c Murano in “Vanilla”

Threads – Polstitches Dragon Floss “Precious”

Started 6th January 2010

Completed 26th September 2010

Stitched in Memory of my friend Pip who lost her battle with ovarian cancer on Wednesday 19th August 2009

I was luck enough to trade with Sally this week for a Ewe Eye and Friends chart she had completed, it arrived in the post this morning and I think this will have to be a start I do soon…I love it!!

SDC11508

Not been up to much exciting recently, I have finally completed the curtains for Martha’s bedroom, I hand stitched the ribbon trim on them with invisible thread last night…what a job and a half that was…lol!! Just the bunting to start now, why do we think these are going to be good ideas…!

Talking of Martha…just a couple of piccies I took this morning…she decided she wanted to pose for these..

SDC11510

SDC11509

I did start my “teaching” at school this week…I must admit I was really nervous, but the children were lovely…if somewhat over excited (I couldn’t be a teacher..lol!) My maths course is going well and lots of fun and I also start my School Governors course next week so I am going to be busy over the next few months.

Well enough of my ramblings…I better go and do some ironing…boo…hiss!!

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

18 comments:

Sally said...

Your finish is absolutely beautiful Elisa and how lovely that you stitched it in memory of your friend.

Can't wait to see your Love Letters :) So glad we could trade.

Aww Martha is growing so fast!

Hillery said...

Your Bouquet is beautiful. I have this one prinited out in my stash as well. I might just stitch it up someday. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Lovely thread for this one, what a lovely way to remember your friend

Martha is gorgoues as always and growing so fast

Hazel said...

Beautiful finish! I love the colour. Martha is a cutie. xx

Patty C. said...

Beautiful Bouquet !!!!

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your finish - it is gorgeous. Lovely pictures of Martha. Nice new stash from Sally.

Christine said...

Your Bouquet for Cheryl is lovely.
Great pictures of Martha

Amy said...

Love your finish.

Your baby is really cute too. My baby will be six in a week. Scary!! LOL

Have a wonderful day.

Theresa said...

Gorgeous finish and what a wonderful way to remember your friend!!!!

Your baby is growing so fast!!! she is adorable~~

valerie said...

Gorgeous finish! The colors just pop and are so vibrant. It's a wonderful way to remember your friend Pip!

Lovely pictures of Martha!

jane said...

Lovely finish Elisa and the pictures of Martha are just beautiful, she is growing up so fast!

Maddy*Moo said...

My goodness that 'bouquet for cheryl' is gorgeous! I just love the colours you have used, it is amazing!!!!! I will definitely be looking up this company! You always stitch such lovely pieces!

natalysneedle said...

I love your finish Elisa. Good thing you posted pics of your finish first because Martha stole the show. How adorable.

Michelle said...

Its stunning - so much work has gone into it. How lovely to dedicate it to the memory of your friend. Martha is growing fast - time flies by. Love Michelle x

Vicky L said...

The Bouquet for Cheryl is gorgeous! I love the color you used. congratulations on a lovely piece finished.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Elisa, Cheryl is just gorgeous and what a great tribute to your frined.

Jules said...

Your Bouquet is divine! I really like the color way that you chose.

Karan said...

A beautiful finish & tribute Elisa. Methinks your DD is practising for a modelling career. LOL WTG on taking the courses & teaching. :0)