Thursday, 17 February 2011

TSG SAL Progress & Life!

Last night was TSG SAL on the Needlecraft Haven (NCH) forum…I am stitching “In The Garden with Jane Austen”…here is my progress…I am delighted with how this is stitching up and so pleased I decided to use my own choice of Dragon Floss…SDC11801
I have no further stitchy pictures to show at the moment…I completed my NCH Challenge piece, which I have also decided to send to my next PIF recipient….so I won’t be revealing that until the end of the month, ‘til it has been received safely. I also mailed out my Buttons & Thimble exchange piece for the Exchange Heaven blog…so photo’s of that will follow too.
I have not done too much stitching this week, I have been so tired recently…I have done some work on my first Mother’s day gift which is Polstitches “Pearl Tissue Case”…I am doing this for both my Mum and Mark’s Mum in 2 different colour ways, I’m using Six Strand Sweet threads and they are stitching up great. I bought some packs of gorgeous Cath Kidston tissues to pop in them too…!
We spent Monday in Leeds as Isaac had his annual check up with his plastic surgeon. It’s usually a 10 minutes in and out check up, but this time they have made the decision that another operation on his toe is required…therefore we had to go for x-rays, photographs and then go back and forth to the consultant. They have placed him on the waiting list for either the Easter or Summer school holidays, they think it will be day surgery but then he will have crutches and need to keep off his foot, not going to be easy with a lively almost 7 year old…:0(…he was very good and “grown up” and I was so proud of him.
Think I may get my knitting needles out today…the weather here is damp, dark and misty…finger’s crossed next weeks half –term weather will be better so we can get a few days out.
Hugs & Stitches

10 comments:

the striped rose said...

In the Garden looks beautiful. I need to start that one too! :)

Sally said...

Lovely progress Elisa. It's so pretty.

I hope Isaac doesn't have too long to wait. Sounds like he was very brave, bless him.

Anonymous said...

Your WIP is coming along very nicely, Elisa. Sounds like you have been pretty busy stitching to me.

Best of Luck to Isaac!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Gracie said...

I love In The Garden. Will keep Isaac in my thoughts.....keep us posted on him.

Christine said...

Great progress Elisa.
I hope they don't keep Isaac waiting too long for his op

Julie said...

Growing nicely, what a brave little young man you have

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching Elisa - you have been busy.
Issac is a brave little soldier!
Watch for the postman! xx

Unknown said...

Your In the Garden is beautiful. You did pick some very fine colors!!

Will be keeping Isaac in my thoughts - please keep us informed!

Conny said...

A beautiful choice, Jane is lovely to stitch.

Lisa said...

Lovely progress on your Jane Austen piece. I like the idea of the tissue cases for gifts, not seen any patterns for them though.