Thursday, 16 June 2011

Sweet Cherries

As soon as I saw this little freebie design…I just knew I had to stitch it…because I love cherries, they are my favourite fruit…

SDC12117

“Le Temps des Cerises” freebie from Le Chalet des Perelles it can be found here

Stitched on 32c Murano “Vanilla” with DMC’s stitcher’s choice

Finished as a little ornament using Cath Kidston cherry fabric (as shown on my Stitching Journal) with a red ruched ribbon trim.

Last night didn’t go quite as planned…Martha decided to take a tumble at dinner time and bumped (an understatement) her mouth on the corner of her toy box…which consequently led to a 4 hour wait in Accident & Emergency, her top teeth had cut through her bottom lip leaving a large v shaped gaping gash…I have never seen so much blood…I was covered in it and so was she…good job it was only the hospital we were going to, they have seen worse I am sure. We had to wait to see a facial injury consultant so they could decide whether to operate to stitch it together…but finally a decision was made to leave it to heal naturally as they didn’t want to have to put her under general anaesthetic. She slept well last night (Calpol induced) and is quite bright and breezy today…she has managed to eat some plain simple food and drink juice…but is happy with her dummy today..kids eh…they certainly know how to panic us!

Hopefully stitching will commence this evening…

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Ouch! Sorry Martha had a tumble. Glad she was able to sleep and is ok today! Love your stitchy pillow ornie!

trillium said...

I like cherries, too. The little design is cute.

Kate said...

Sorry to hear about Martha's accident - hope she recovers quickly.
Nice freebie finish.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

This is such a cute freebie and finish. Might have to do one myself - thank you for the link. A mundane day is suddenly turned into chaos when a little one gets hurt. I'm glad she is recovering so well. Just a little hiccup in her life. Irene xxx

Hazel said...

That's a gorgeous finish Elisa. Hope Martha's lip heals very soon. Poor baby. xx

Stitchabilities said...

Poor Martha, I hope it heals quickly for her.
I love cherries too so I have to add this to my to do list!

Christine said...

Poor Martha, I hope it heals quickly

Anonymous said...

Poor Martha. And yes, they surely know how to panic us. Thank god she's doing reasonable well now.
Le Temps de Cerises is GORGEOUS.Love your finish and chosen colors. Thanks for posting the link. :)

Mouse said...

ouch and double ouch :( hope she is feeling even better now .. lovely finish ... I've got this in my to do pile :) love mouse xxxx

Michelle said...

Poor Martha but glad to hear she is feeling brighter. Matt (my older son) was never accident prone at all but Bruce ... well he only has to look at something and it seems to jump out at him and make him trip over. Yes they certainly keep us on our toes - thank god for Calpol! Lovely design and thank you for the link xx

Catherine said...

What a day for Miss Martha!!! Here's to a speedy recovery.

What a sweet finish - thanks for sharing the link to the picture!

Theresa said...

Ouch!!! Martha must had a big scare!!!! So did you, I bet. Hope she will be a ll healed up soon!!!

Love your cherry finish!!! It is very cute!!!!

Sally said...

Love your little finish Elisa. It is so pretty.

Awww bless Martha. I hope she is feeling much better. I can remember Jess doing something similar when she was little. I have never seen so much blood either!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Poor baby! Hope she gets well soon.

You're famous now - you're in this month's World of Cross Stitch magazine. They recommend your blog to their readers. Stand by for a deluge of new followers!

Did they tell you they were going to mention you? or is it a total surprise?

Cindy's Stitching said...

that is just adorable.

Lynn said...

What a cute freebie! Thanks for the link to the chart.
Hope your daughter is much better now. Mouth injuries always involve so much blood. It often looks worse than it its.

Angie said...

I love the cherries. What a scary fall that must have been

Solstitches said...

What a sweet little finish. I love it.
Poor little girl. That sounds nasty.
I hope she is fine now.

Margaret

Solstitches said...

PS
Forgot to say I am big fan of Cath Kidston and have some of that cherry fabric. I may just have to make that pillow :)
Margaret