Monday, 22 August 2011

Let It Snow & 3 Fat Birds & A Squirrel

I received this cutie ornament from Janet B in the mail this morning…for the Lizzie*Kate Exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging Blog…isn’t he just perfect, I love him thank you so much Janet!

323955_10150269758937167_667832166_8022714_6294522_o

I saw this little freebie on Tanya’s blog and just had to stitch it straight away…such a little cutie design, I stitched it whilst watching 3 hours of Wuthering Heights on TV last night…pure bliss!

339693_10150269764207167_667832166_8022729_333961_o

The Sampler Girl “3 Birds & A Fat Squirrel” can be found here

Stitched on 28c Jayne’s Attic hand-dyed “Jonquil”

Crescent Colour threads

I’m going to make this into a little hanging ornament for my bedpost!

I had a childfree weekend so got lots done, household chores and I sorted a lot of stitching stash, I have bought a load of GAST & WDW threads from Michelle, so I catalogued them all and organised them all in little drawer organisers.

I also updated my stitching journal and decided on my next TSG design for the SAL over at Needlecraft Haven…I have chosen “A Little Bird’s Tea”, I’m  stitching it on hand-dyed linen I found in my stash unit and the recommended GAST & DMC threads.

329758_10150269098107167_667832166_8014637_7107983_o

Spending the next few days getting organised before Isaac goes into hospital on Wednesday, washing, ironing, housework, school uniform alterations etc…Going to also kit up a little project to take in with me as I feel the evenings will be long and very boring on the ward.

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

8 comments:

Solstitches said...

The exchange ornament is very sweet as is the little freebie you stitched up.
That's a lovely design you have chosen for your next Sampler Girl SAL.
I shall look forward to seeing more.
Margaret

Sally said...

Love your ornament from Janet. It is so cute.

Hmmm now I've seen your lovely finish of Tanya's latest freebie I need to stitch it! Can I fit it in my rotation somewhere? lol

Hope Isaac's op goes well. Will be thinking of you both.

Anonymous said...

What a darling ornament. So cute.
Love also your finish. Love the stitching and also the fabric. And you upcoming SAL project looks promising too. It has birds in it, it MUST be beautiful (I love anything with birds in it)

Nancy said...

Such a cute ornament you received! The freebie stitching is pretty! Hope Issacs op goes well!

Kate said...

Lovely ornament!
Hope Issac's op goes well.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous ornament received. Your freebie finish is lovely. Good luck to Issac and his operation.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely little ornament! And nice finish.
I like the looks of your new start.

Bekca said...

What a sweet exchange ornament, I love the little freebie too. All the best for Isaac's trip to hospital, best wishes to you.