Thursday, 4 August 2011

This, That and the Other!!

Lots to show this post…firstly Lynn has received the exchange piece I sent to here for the Lizzie*Kate round on the Hooked on Exchanging blog…

LK Brrrr!

Lizzie*Kate – Winter Crazy “Brrrr”

28c blue checked evenweave with charted DMC threads

Finished as a beaded edged hanging ornament

It was TSG SAL last night over at NCH…I managed quite a bit of stitching on it…I love the colours on this piece so subdued..

SDC12193

I found my new project and quite easily…it is in the new edition of GOSM, it’s the mystery sampler by Marie Suarez, it’s in 6 parts…I ordered the Valdani threads as required and I am going to attempt to stitch on 40 count for my first time ever…wish me luck!

SDC12195

We had a fun time yesterday at the park…a local church runs free holiday fun days in and around York…it included bouncy castles, games, crafts and face painting…

284880_10150254952757167_667832166_7873911_2016150_n226097_10150254953037167_667832166_7873912_297219_n

We received a date for Isaac’s little man’s operation today…3 weeks from today….he initially complained but once he found I could stay at the hospital he was quite happy…

Nasty rain here today so an indoors DVD and play day…hope you have fun whatever you!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

17 comments:

Pumpuliina pistelee said...

Such lovely Lizzie Kate design. Love your finishes. Greetings from Finland
-Niina

Mouse said...

ooo well done on finding your project :)and good luck with the count :) and fingers crossed for the little man's op .... and looks like you had a fab time at the park :) love mouse xxx

Anonymous said...

What a darling ornament. Lynn must be smitten.
Love also Pleasant Hill. Lovely colors and stitching.
Hope you find stitching on 40ct pleasant.
And hopefully all will go fine with your son. :)

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Elisa - your stitching is wonderful x

Ali said...

Gorgeous - love the finished lk xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm thinking of stitching that sampler. I have a box for my beads with a space in the lid but I think it's too big (unless I stitch over 1 on 40) hahahanotlikely!)

Nancy said...

Such a cute ornament you stitched for Lynn! Love your WIP and those threads for your new start are lovely!

Thoeria said...

Love the beaded edge on your LK exchange piece! Your WIP is coming along nicely too. And it sure looks like fun was had in the park :-)

Chris said...

Lovely stitching Elisa and you stitch such a lot, all of it beautiful, That ring pillow was fantastic, so delicate.
And haven't your children grown, Martha is a young lady and yet it seems only yesterday she was still a baby, They are both beautiful children.
I have at last posted your award on my blog, holidays and family events have kept busy! Thank you for it again Elisa..
Nothing like buying some stash to get your mojo back, those colours of the floss you've bought for the GOSM are gorgeous.
Happy Stitching
Hugs Chris x

Ruth said...

Good luck on your 40-count adventure. I hope it treats you well. Thanks for the reminder to collect the GOS August issue. That mystery sampler looks intriguing. Oh great, just waht I need -- more projects!

Congrats on a darn fine little ornie -- he's really adorable.

Lynn said...

I'll bet Lynn was thrilled with that ornament. It's so cute!
Your new start sounds like fun. I know you'll love stitching with the Valdani floss.
I used it for the first time on Spring Quakers and loved it.

Christine said...

Great stitching and those variegated threads are gorgeous

Sally said...

Love the L*K exchange piece for Lynn. Your TSG piece is coming along beautifully.

Looking forward to seeing your new start. I don't get GOS anymore so can't wait to see it.

I hope Isaac's op goes well. Lovely photos of him and Martha :)

cuori e perline said...

Oh your little finished in the cup is so delicious!!!!
Annamaria

Stitchabilities said...

That's a cute ornie
Good luck with your new project

Bekca said...

The LK finish is adorable, I haven't seen this design before.

Julie said...

The new threads for the new start looks super. I dont get GOS anymore so will be interested to see how it develops over time

Good luck to Isaac for his hospital stay

Super L*K finish, i bet that was well received