Friday, 11 November 2011

Two…..Yes TWO HDs!

I finished two pieces this week and am delighted with myself as I have also (with the help of my parents babysitting) draft written the first part of my third assignment on Michael Faraday.

My first finish is the Sew Mystery SAL by Carol…

Elisa8

iSitch “Sew Mystery”

32c Murano “Vanilla” with GAST “Rhubarb”

Stitched with one thread over one

Started 30th August 2011 – Finished 7th November 2011

I received the bonus pin pillow chart from Carol which I will stitch soon, I will finish this onto a little wooden stitcher’s box, which my Dad currently has to varnish for me.

My second finish is…

320523_10150358965837167_667832166_8574977_1798685173_n321919_10150358966657167_667832166_8574978_660811598_o329059_10150358967437167_667832166_8574980_1570880814_o

CCN “Princess Parade”

Jayne’s Attic Hand-dyed 28c evenweave “Snapdragon”

GAST, Crescent Colours, DMC threads as charted but swapped around slightly.

Started 12th October 2011 – Finished 9th November 2011

I framed it earlier today in a simple white frame and added some fun flower shaped buttons!

A quiet night in with my stitching this evening, I have a friend who has her 3rd little one due early December, so a second Lizzie*Kate “Bless the Baby” piece in 2 months will be stitched this weekend. She hasn’t found out the sex of the baby so I am using baby blue, pink, green, lemon and lilac…to cover all the options…lol!

Have a great weekend whatever your plans!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

17 comments:

Ali said...

Both lovely stitchings well done on finishing your assignment as well xx

Bekca said...

Congrats on two such lovely finishes, Princess Parade is my personal favourite. Best wishes to you.

Michelle said...

Well done on completing your assignment Elisa - lovely finishes and I love the way you framed the Princess Parade xx

L.O. said...

Your finishes are wonderful. I love the addition of the wooden flower shapes to the frame. Too cute!

Lesleyanne said...

Your finsihes are gorgeous. Love how you have framed Princess Parade. Congrats on completing your assignment. Look forward to seeing your Bless the Baby.

Lisa V said...

Gorgeous finishes Elisa!

Catherine said...

Great finishes! So glad you are able to find some stitching time while going to school - congrats on getting your draft done!

Mouse said...

whooo hooo on the finishes they are gorgeous and love those little flowers on the frame :) and aren't grandparents great ..lol and good look with the baby stitching too :) love mouse xxxx

Brigitte said...

You can definitely be happy-dancing around the place - your two finishes are gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Congrats on both of your finishes! I love how you added the buttons on the Princess frame. Very cute!

Chris said...

Well done Elisa, two beautiful finishes and your home work done too.
Clever girl!! And I love the buttons on the frame, very pretty.

Chris xx

Unknown said...

You have been a busy lady. Well done on all the finishes!

Becky K in OK said...

Congrats on the two finishes. Great job.

Sally said...

Both your finishes are lovely Elisa.

Julie said...

Well done on ompleting your assignment. Martha 's gift is beautiful.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Congrats on the two finishes the princess one looks lovely in that frame.

Angela said...

Congrats on both the happy dances Elisa! I love the little flower button detail on Princess Parade :)