Monday, 5 December 2011

As Promised…

…in my last post, here are the pictures of my new starts..

Firstly…the lovely chart RAK’d to me by Barb earlier this year..Filigram “Mother Hens”, I am on a no stash buying phase at the moment so I have adapted the called for threads to GAST and DMC threads which I already had in my stash…and 32c Murano Light Taupe which I had a large amount of.

328110_10150401601042167_667832166_8710237_1555893595_o

Secondly…I have made a small start on this one…La-D-Da “’Tis the Gift” again I had most of the GAST threads but have made 2 small adaptations.

337565_10150401609077167_667832166_8710253_74986504_o339522_10150401609607167_667832166_8710254_1694962013_o

I had a productive weekend, school was closed Friday due to staff training, my parents kindly offered to take the children for the day, which gave me a free day to “catch up” on household chores, I did all the housework, washing and ironing and then managed to “sort my stash”. Saturday and Sunday the children were at their Dad’s so I spend most of Saturday working on my next assignment which I completed and submitted for marking. I also managed to do those “task” which us busy mums never get around to…dying my hair a nice reddy brown colour and giving myself a pedicure complete with Christmas red painted toes :0). the evening was spent with Wes, we put up and decorated the tree and had a lovely Chinese takeaway and watch X-Factor.

Sunday we went to Mass first thing and had a meeting afterwards as Isaac is making his First Holy Communion next summer, we then went to a local garden centre with my parents, I succumbed to a fresh cream scone and a pot of Earl Grey, they had a lovely Christmas section and I bought 2 new decorations for my tree. We had a lazy afternoon until the children returned.

I hope to complete my Christmas shopping this week and finish all the wrapping too…then I can get ready for the preparations for the festive season.

Just one more picture to finish the post…a little lady wanted to be featured…lol

328804_10150401602842167_667832166_8710241_57888241_o

Thank you for all your comments on my recent posts…I really appreciate them.

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

15 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds as if you have had a lovely weekend and are coming across relaxed and ready for the week ahead. Awwww Martha is just so cute.
Like the pics of the tree.

Sarah said...

Sounds like a lovely relaxed weekend with lots of exciting things in the pipeline! Loving your starts, especially 'Tis the gift'

Mouse said...

oooo sounds a fab weekend down to the pedicure .... jealous ...lol and glad you managed to get everything done too :) love mouse xxxx

Bekca said...

Your Christmas tree looks so pretty! I just love this time of year, I've started my Christmas shopping too, best of luck with yours.
Great new starts, I'm looking forward to watching these grow.
Best wishes and happy stitching to you.

Anonymous said...

Nice of your parents to take the kids for you so you could get your work done! So how is your studies going? Your tree is cute too! Awww..Martha is so cute and growing up so fast! I remember all her pictures when she was a baby and toddler on here......time goes by so fast!
Like your new starts too!

Solstitches said...

You've chosen two lovely designs to work on and already made a good start on Tis the Gift.
How sweet that Martha wanted to be featured on the blog :)
She is so cute.

Margaret

Michelle said...

I love your 2 new designs Elisa - they are lovely well done.
Lovely photos of your Tree and Miss Martha - she has grown up so much xx

Chris said...

Wonderful new starts.
Your tree looks amazing, all the lovely stitched ornaments.
Hello to your sweet girl :)

Lesleyanne said...

Two great new starts. Your tree looks gorgeous. Lovely photo of Miss Martha.

Thoeria said...

Sounds like an absolutely blissful weekend, and a yummy one too (that cream scone sounds delicious!). Your little miss is adorable!

Hazel said...

Lovely new starts Elisa. xx

Stitching Kath said...

thanks for the package elisa

love kath
x

Sally said...

Love your new starts Elisa especially Tis the Gift.

Your tree looks gorgeous. Glad you had a lovely weekend.

Martha is so cute :)

Mindi said...

Sounds like you had a perfect relaxing weekend. I love the La D Da piece you're working on, and the tree looks lovely.

Catherine said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Loved the last pic - what a cutie-pie!