Monday, 12 December 2011

Stitching Progress, Essay Marks, A Gift & Exchanges!

I managed a load of stitching over the weekend on "`Tis the Gift”, I have really enjoyed stitching this piece so far, not sure I will get much more done this week on it though as it’s a busy one, but more of that later on…

330441_10150414737152167_667832166_8749653_1918017890_o

Today is Sally’s birthday and I wanted to stitch her a little gift…

Red Winged Blackbird (Sally) 2

Bent Creek “Red Winged Blackbird”

28c Jobelan “Olive” – DMC threads own choice

Sally has emailed me to say she loves it, I am so pleased, hope you have a wonderful day Sally, you deserve it!

I received my mark back for my second assignment and it was a re-write of one part of my first essay plus a reflective commentary, I received a total mark for my first assignment of 60 out of 100 (28 of those for the essay I had to re-write) I was pleased with this score as it was more first academic written piece for 22 years…but I have to say I am cock-a-hoop at my second assignment score of 82! so all the work and hours I am putting in are paying off. It’s poetry week this week, I have a tutorial tomorrow evening followed by Christmas drinkies with my fellow students…so looking forward to that!

You can see why my week is busy, studying this evening, Martha’s trial morning at nursery school & tutorial tomorrow evening, baking Wednesday for Isaac’s Christmas party on Thursday and the school Christmas Nativity performance in the evening, Isaac is a villager and has a speaking part too…Friday is the last day of school until January 4th so I want to get all the wrapping done so that little eyes cannot peek!

Finally exchanges….I have stopped all the big exchange groups now, but I do miss exchanging with fellow stitchers, so in 2012 I would like to do some private exchanges with stitching friends old and new. I would like to do 4 of these throughout the year (March, June, September & December)…this would be just a stitched piece exchange not lots of extras as I am aware of the postal costs rising up and up. If you would be interested in exchanging with me in private please leave a comment on this post stating which month would interest you and also leave your email address so I can contact you. I will do a draw if I have a number of exchangers for one particular month, I may even exchange with 2 people each round. I will do the draw  in a weeks time on 19th December.

I do hope that you would like to join me on this…

Oh and just one more picture of little Miss Poser…

330908_10150414741892167_667832166_8749661_11863287_o

Thanks for visiting today…

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

18 comments:

the striped rose said...

'Tis the Gift looks lovely!

diamondc said...

Little Miss Poser is adorable, loving the stitch works what a lovely gift to give for a birthday.
Blessings.
Catherine
diamondc

dixiesamplar said...

What a cutie Ms Poser is!! And I am loving your progress on the WIP.

Of course Sally loved her birthday gift, it is so lovely!! Great job, Elisa.

Sarah said...

'Tis the gift is truly lovely! And what an adorable daughter you have!

Hope you have a great (if busy) week!

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on 'Tis the Gift. A lovely gift for Sally. A gorgeous picture of Martha.

stitchersanon said...

First assignment is always a bit low as you try to work out what is expected and what they are looking for in your writing...First mark though is very respectable, good even lol and second assignment ...fantastic..Keep it up Elise and we should see a 2.1 in the offing! xxxx

Christine said...

Lovely stitching Elisa

Anonymous said...

Tis the gift is looking gorgeous! and congrats on the assignment....thats great!!I love the classics but I'm not that keen on poetry so have fun with that!
Martha is so cute and she sure does like to pose! You might have a model on your hands in a few years!

valerie said...

Great stitching and cute gift for Sally!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on your assignment marks :0 .... makes things seem so much better when that happens :) ... ooo would love to exchange with you :) and any month suits me so far ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

Sally said...

Lovely progress and Tis a Gift. I love my birdy! He is so sweet:) Thank you again :)

Congratulations on your assignment!

Mindi said...

I love the soft colors of Tis the Gift, and you did get a lot done over the weekend.

Congratulations on your marks for the assignment! I'm getting ready to go back to school again, and its with a lot of trepidation. One thing that burnt me out before was writing papers, and I'm not sure I'm ready to start that back up again.

Jodie said...

Oh my goodness, your little bird is just too adorable!

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa I love Tis the Gift - so pretty. Love the Bird also.

Hey well done on your assignment xx

Catherine said...

What a cute little poser!!
Congrats on your scores!! I can't even imagine going back to school.
Love Tis the Gift - I have that one hanging in my dining room and loved stitching it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your wip is lovely. What a nice and perfect gift you made for Sally.

It must be a challenge going back to school, its an idea I toy with from time to time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the assignment and your beautiful stitching as ever.
My Birthday is in September so I'd be happy to do a little exchange in that month.
Just as long as I don't have to sew anything! I'll stitch a card or a mounted picture or even on perforated paper but no sewing for me LOL.

L.O. said...

I love your little blackbird finish. It is adorable!

I would love to be able to exchange with you, although I don't have much experience exchanging and my finishing is still a work in progress. September is the best month for me, followed by June. To be honest, I would just be tickled with any month. My email address is mrsknownothing@gmail.com. Thanks.

Lei