Friday, 23 December 2011

Two….yes two finishes on a Friday!

I have finished two pieces this week, I am pleased with both…firstly a neutral version of “Bless the Baby” for a friend who gave birth to her third little boy last week….she did not know the sex before little one was born so I stitched a neutral version and then added the name and date once he had arrived.
322381_10150434611267167_667832166_8818255_699484047_o
Lizzie*Kate “Bless the Baby”
32c White Jobelan – DMC threads
Finished as a long pillow
My second finish was `Tis the Gift…I loved stitching this design
324255_10150434615887167_667832166_8818278_1808417062_o336107_10150434613347167_667832166_8818264_1137151602_o
La-D-Da “`Tis the Gift”
32c Murano “Light Taupe”
GAST threads, some charted, some my choice
Started – 4th December 2011
Finished – 20th December 2011

I took the children to see Father Christmas today at a local department store….Martha was a little unsure at first but then was happy to chat and have her photo taken with him…
328704_10150434398582167_667832166_8817253_998709703_o
My received a lovely surprise gift today from one of my penpals…who knows that I love the Juicy Lucy Fairies…
412598_10150434687862167_667832166_8818688_361876557_o
…isn’t it a cutie….I can’t wait to fill it it…
Yesterday was the mammoth Christmas food shop….my trolley was overflowing…why do we do it….lol, anyhow I needed a treat to reward the hard work and these were in the reduced section at only £2.50…well they had my name on them…
411198_10150434689337167_667832166_8818694_78093535_o
…they are ceramic cupcake shakers, they came with vermicelli and hundreds and thousands to go inside them…aren’t they divine!
It’s veg prep and baking day tomorrow….(so I can have a half relaxed Christmas Day)…I am going to sit with my stitching tonight and watch the Young Victoria which I recorded last night.
Thank you to those ladies who expressed an interest in a private exchange with me next year…I will be emailing you soon, I still have one spot left for the end of next year if anyone is still interested in exchanging with me…please leave a comment and your email address and I will get in touch with you.
I am going to spend some time planning my 2012 stitching next week, I have a new journal to start on 1st January…I have been saving up a bit of stash pennies so hopefully I can buy any necessaries required…lol! I will post my plans for you soon!
nativity1
Well all that remains is to wish all my blogging friends old and new a very peaceful Christmas, enjoy this special time with those you love xx
Hugs & Stitches
81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

12 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful finishes as always. I cannot believe how quickly your children are growing! Have a lovely Christmas and am a peaceful and contented New Year xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful finishes Eliza! Merry Christmas to you and your family, God Bless for the New Year!

Christina said...

Ahh, I love Bless the Baby. A very easy birthday for the little fella to remember! I love the name 'Dermot'. Is mum and X-Factor fan?!
Congrats on tackling the food shop. I've seen lots of status updates on Facebook despairing of the state of supermarkets at the mo! Luckily I don't have to go anywhere near one - my mum does all of the shopping for us. She was at M&S at 7am this morning!
What an adorable photo of Martha & Isaac. Definitely one to bring out at their 18th Birthday parties!
I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas. 2012 is going to be an exciting year for you all! X

Ali said...

Gorgeous stitching and lovely photos - have a great christmas and I look forward to seeing your stitchy plans for next year xx

Julie said...

Tis the gift is a beautiful finish.
Enjoy your festivities with your family.

Michelle said...

Lovely finish Elisa - have e-mailed you. I love the photo with Father Christmas - he looks a lovely Father Christmas. Much love to you all xx

Catherine said...

Great finishes! I stitched the LaDDa piece last year - wasn't it a fun easy stitch?
Great picture of your kids - I love the look on your littlest one's face!
Merry Christmas to you all!

Gracie said...

Very nice finishes...and cute cupecakes!
If you still are looking for an exchange partner....I would be happy to join you..
ghorton1@cox.net

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishes.

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Angela said...

Merry Christmas Elisa!

CATHI said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Cathi

Anonymous said...

Merry belated Christmas to you and your family.
Love your sampler. Looks so beautiful. So does your baby ornament. Just lovely.