Friday, 3 February 2012

Finally Submitted (that darn essay!)…

I haven’t managed much stitching this week, being honest apart from studying and cleaning up after the kitchen decoration, I not done a lot!

I managed a little stitching on Merry Bird last night, which is my monthly Christmas Ornament for February, I am stitching this over at the Christmas All Year Round blog, it’s by Nicoletta Farrauto, which appeared in the November 2011 of GOSM. I think this one will be quite a quick stitch..

325071_10150515829467167_667832166_9113205_1387372126_o

I managed a little stitching on Wednesday evening on my Witch School Sampler for the TSG SAL…

416753_10150513723022167_667832166_9108877_143217028_o

I finally submitted my 4th essay, oh my what a nightmare it was….I spent a lot of time preparing for the option 1 question and just couldn’t get it to work for me….that was about the traditions of the Catholic Church in post reformation in England….well after just about jacking the whole thing in on Sunday evening, I made the decision on Monday to swap to the other option….which I managed to complete in 2 evenings,I submitted it at 24 seconds to midnight on Tuesday evening, the option I chose was Dmitri Shostakovich, the Russian Composer…anyway that’s done, I just need to await my marks and decide on the next one which is in 4 weeks time….!

My kitchen is decorated and looks lovely, it’s not completed yet, I still have a corkboard wall to do, which is basically a floor to ceiling pinboard for all kid’s pictures etc., I have the floor to tile and curtains/blinds to make….but it’s getting there…a work in progress…here are a few snaps for you to see…(excuse the washing up on the drainer…lol). The floor is going to be tiled black and white checkerboard to match the wall tiles and I have blue gingham check and Cath Kidston blue and rose stripedz fabric for the window dressings…

322124_10150513726857167_667832166_9108883_235404381_o323355_10150513727772167_667832166_9108891_996768907_o332270_10150513725702167_667832166_9108880_1095973250_o333790_10150513724632167_667832166_9108878_1381297771_o

A quiet weekend here….no studying for me, I am going to relax and hopefully get some crafting done…have a great weekend and thank you for visiting!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Your new kitchen looks beautiful!! Glad you got your essay finished - I remember changing my topic too when I was doing university essays and chose a topic I thought I'd love just to find that it really wouldn't work. Good luck for your next one!

Gracie said...

Love the kitchen's new look....

diamondc said...

Elisa: I love your checkerd wall, Cath Kidson anything is a yummy thought.
I like the Merry Bird ornament, I look forward to all your finishes.
Catherine

Anna van Schurman said...

I love the look of black and white tile! But, I'll tell you what they told me at the tile store (not that it will make any difference, it didn't me) it's the single most removed tile job they do. Within five years most people take it out because every everloving bit of dirt and grime shows on it. It looks clean for about five minutes after it's washed. I'm sure you won't change your mind because it's an awesome look. You just may want to invest in your cleaner of choice! Good luck.

Unknown said...

Both stitched pieces are coming right along. Glad that essay is over. I really love your kitchen makeover - that is my favortie color blue! Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Thoeria said...

Love the kitchen - can't wait to see your finished window dressings!
I'm sure you'll get a pass for your essay :) Pity you had to stress about it for so long before switching though!

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, I just love how your kitchen is coming along...so pretty!! And your stitching pieces are lovely too :o)

Congrats on finishing your paper...I am just starting my research for two research papers I have to do by the first of May :o(

Michelle said...

Elisa your kitchen looks wonderful.
Well done on finishing your paper it looks like you have deserved your craft weekend! Beautiful stitching xx

Ruth said...

Congrats on the stitching, the kitchen, and one more essay done!

Catherine said...

I bet it felt good to turn in that assignment!!
Your kitchen looks wonderful! I really love all your little touches, especially all the great jars on the shelves!

Peggy Lee said...

I love your choice in using black and white tiles. We are putting an addition on our house and part of it is a big bathroom. We are going to do it in all black and white and we are considering tile like yours somewhere in it.
Love it!!

Kate said...

Your kitchen is looking great. Love the new stitching start - I still haven't choosen which tree design to use yet.

Mouse said...

ooooo love that kitchen :) and well done on getting your second choice done on time ... hope the results are good as you have really worked hard on it ....
lovely stitching and enjoy your chilled weekend :)
love mouse xxxx

Sally said...

Your tree is lovely Elisa. Can't wait to see it finished.

Lovely progress on your Sampler Girl piece.

Hope your results are good. :)

Your kitchen looks gorgeous.

Julie said...

Well done on completing the essay.
Your kitchen looks super.

Bekca said...

This is exactly the type of kitchen I hope to have in my own house one day! You have excellent taste Elisa :)
You've managed great progress on you stitched pieces and congrats for getting that pesky essay in.
Best wishes.

Solstitches said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful.
Your WIPS are looking good.
Well done on your essay.
Margaret