I completed the stitching on my Little Roses piece on Tuesday evening and decided on a new finish for me….a cube finish, I bought all the supplies on Wednesday, I used sponge as I couldn’t get polystyrene blocks anywhere and it has come out great…
Windy Willows `Little Roses’ Freebie here
28c Belfast Linen – Antique Ivory with DMC threads
Finished as a cube
Started 10th February 2012 – Completed 17th February 2012
I stitched a little on my TSG `Witch School Sampler’ on Wednesday evening, it’s growing slowly…
and last night stitched on Milady’s `Gift from a Friend’
I couple more washcloths were also knitted, these are for the children for bath and shower time….I used a different pattern this time to make it striped, I get all my patterns from Ravelry, bet you can’t guess which one is for which….lol!
I received a lovely envelope in the post yesterday from Chris, I commented on how lovely one of her finishes was and where I could find the chart….she very kindly said I could have the chart as she would not stitch it again…not only did she send the chart but also the remaining threads and a pretty card. Stitchers are so thoughtful and kind, it has amazed me through my last 5 years of blogging how many wonderful stitching friends I have “met” and met!
A quiet relaxing weekend is on the cards, I have caught up with the household chores these past two days. Hope your weekend is all that you want it to be!
Thanks for visiting my blog today
Hugs & Stitches
22 comments:
Your finish is beautiful!! I love the trim work you did on it. And, you are really progressing on your other WIP's - congrats.
Cute and nice giftie, and more cute washclothes!
Love the stitching and the cube finish. It looks great.
Your cube finish is absolutely perfect. Love it! And cute wash cloths. Those are something that I haven't tried to make yet, probably because I'd be afraid to actually use them after I knit them.
Wonderful finishing on Roses! Love that you used a sponge for the cube, very good idea!
Well done on your cube finish. It's gorgeous!!
Great progress on your other stitching as well.
Absolutely gorgeous cube Elisa, congratulations! Lovely progress too, you have been a busy bee
I love your cube finish - gorgeous!! - your other stitching is coming on a treat - loving the witch one!!
How pretty! I love your cube finish.
The little witch is so cute and the friendship piece is gorgeous.
Margaret
The cube for mum looks fabulous.
love your cube finish... although I can't get all the photos up not sure if its me or blogger ..lol :)
love mouse :)
ps yours is all stitched and ready to go too .. ooo we are good ain't we ..lol
Gorgeous finish Elisa.
Hugs
You did a fantastic job on your cube. It is gorgeous.
Love your little witchy stitch!
A gorgeous cube finish. Love the washclothes. Great progress on your wips. Lovely chart from Chris.
I am so pleased to have found your blog. I am also a Stitchaholic, Stashaholic and Chocaholic.
Your posts and needlework are beautiful and I look forward to following.
Oh gosh, what a gorgeous cube finish! It looks so elegant and pretty!
Have a great weekend Elisa, best wishes.
That is such a lovely finish! I do hope you plan on doing a tutorial on it at some stage :) Pretty please! Great witchy stitch and the wash cloths look lovely! You've definitely been a busy bee!
You did fabulous on your cube finish! Great progress on your other pieces as well!
How sweet of Chris!
Enjoy your weekend!
Wonderful finishes Elisa - I adore the way you have finished the Little Roses - beautiful xx
such a lovely finish! Gorgeous work :D and your stitching is lovely too!
Little Roses is an absolutely stunning finish....GREAT work!
Such a lovely cube finish! Charming little roses!
Hugs,
Tatyana
A great cube finish for a lovely, pretty design.
Post a Comment