Sunday, 12 February 2012

Yarn, Dishcloths & Little Roses!

Quite a quiet week here, the snow and bitterly cold weather put paid to most plans. I had had a rotten cold most of the week and have suffered from a severe ache in my right shoulder and neck due to buggy pushing in the snow. Due to this I haven’t done much stitching as it seemed to lock up my shoulder and arm after about an hour, I have managed a little progress on the gift I am stitching for my Mum for Mother’s Day, it’s a good job I started this early at the speed I’m going..I have had this Windy Willows freebie in my chart to do pile for ages, I thought it would be perfect for my Mum.

341267_10150535458062167_667832166_9169571_2055925164_o

I have managed to do some knitting on an evening, it doesn't seem to effect my shoulder..I have completed 3 dishcloths, two with Lily Sugar & Cream cotton yarn, one in garter stitch and one in garter and stocking stitch and the other a blue and white striped one in garter stitch.

327644_10150535459842167_667832166_9169573_116483766_o

I ordered some more yarn which arrived yesterday, I do love this Lily Sugar and Cream yarn, such pretty colours and easy to knit with :0)

414897_10150535457177167_667832166_9169568_1924908829_o

I have spent the weekend studying as it’s half-term this coming week, so not much time for reading etc. I am now on the third book of four in this module; Cultural Encounters, the current chapters are about Benin, it’s colonisation by the British and it’s famous bronzes. I must say if nothing else has come from this module, it has certainly opened up my eyes to things that have happened in history and has changed my views on many things too.

327962_10150533259902167_667832166_9162825_791906053_o

The children are at their Dad’s this weekend are are due back later this afternoon, so I am going to spend a few hours watching TV and stitching! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

13 comments:

Solstitches said...

Love the Little Roses finish and what a lovely stash of dishcloth yarn. Are you buying that online?
Do take care of your shoulder Elisa. I'm just getting over a year of terrible pain in my arm/shoulder so I hope yours doesn't get to that stage.
I'm liking the new look of your blog and oh, what a sweet picture of the kids :)
Margaret

Unknown said...

Your Little Roses is just perfect as a Mothers Day gift and I love your cloths. I love knitting dishcloths, instant gratification beacuse of their speed. Sugar n Cream is a lovely yarn.

Unknown said...

Your Roses are darling - I am sure your Mum will love them! Sorry about your shoulder - hope it improves soon. I have never knitted dishclothes before, but I just might now. I use the Sugar and Cream yarn to crochet shoulder bags for carrying almost anything. That yarn seems to hold up to anything!

Hazel said...

Where did you buy your sugar and cream yarn from hun?? x

Sarah said...

Little roses will make a lovely gift! Your kids are just gorgeous. Isn't Benin fascinating? I think I must have done similar courses to you at university. We got to go on a Benin fieldtrip, as the local museum had quite a large collection of Bronzes

Thoeria said...

The roses look lovely - perfect for Mother's Day. Nice going with the dishcloths! And your little ones are adorable :)

Lesleyanne said...

I'm sure your mum will love her mother's day gift. Your dishclothes are gorgeous. I love the stripey wool you have brought, can I ask you where you got it from? Great picture of Issaac and Martha.

Ranae said...

What a sweet design for your mom.
I love that sugar and cream yarn for dishcloths.
The kids are adorable

Sally said...

I hope your shoulder improves soon Elisa.

Love the roses piece. It is so pretty.

Love that yarn that you bought.

What a lovely photo of Isaac and Martha:)

Michelle said...

I adore the roses picture Elisa - well done. Hope your shoulder eases a little for you. Wow your little ones are not so litte now xx

Anonymous said...

Hi

I love your roses piece it's very pretty.

Your yarn looks lovely too.

Catherine said...

Love the roses! Sweet picture of the kids!

Julie said...

The kids looks great, they are growing up so fast.

I have had the roses chart in my 'to do' pile for what seems like forever, why is some charts just dont get stitched! Yours is looking lovely and will make a super design for mums gift.

Great dishcloths, that yarn is so pretty.