Sunday, 15 April 2012

2 Little Ones and a Postie Treat!

The end of another wet and cold week, what’s the betting that when the kids head back to school tomorrow the sun shines and the temperatures increase…grrrrr!

I stitched a couple of little designs this past week that I can show you, firstly I discovered The Little Stitcher blog this past week and what beautiful designs, I chose this little one which I am going to make into a little teabag holder to go with a nice china mug (I still need to purchase) for my Grandmother’s 90th birthday in June….please excuse the creases, I haven't pressed it yet!

467150_10150655505592167_667832166_9577707_1827337367_o

Secondly…this little design is for Isaac’s teacher as an end of year gift, I just wanted something small, I’m not sure how to finish it off yet….any ideas?

412680_10150655506027167_667832166_9577709_743616334_o

Bent Creek – Buzzzz

28c Jobelan “Olive” with WDW, GAST & DMC threads

My Round Robin design is all kitted up and ready to start, I’m using the recommended DMC threads and my own tea dyed 32c Murano fabric.

479360_10150655506522167_667832166_9577712_1894797659_o

I received a lovely package in the post last week, I was one of 3 lucky stitchers to win one of Andrea’s stash spring cleaning lots and here it is…not only did it include the beautiful chart, but also the finishing kit too, isn’t it beautiful.

416553_10150655507402167_667832166_9577714_795604339_o

Also Andrea included the most exquisite hand made card..here’s a closer look..

462652_10150655506907167_667832166_9577713_1576799031_o

Thank you so very much Andrea…I am very spoilt!

Finally just a bit of a study update for those who may be interested…if not just skip this bit…lol, I have now submitted all my set assignments for my current module, I can hardly believe it’s coming to an end, I have my 2000 word End of Module Assessment to write and submit, I have decided to choose the Sacred Sites and Spaces option as I hope to tag on a few Religious Studies/ Theology modules at the end of my Classical Studies modules. I spent a great day at Leeds Metropolitan University yesterday for a day school, attending lectures and workshops and then in true student fashion…finishing off at the pub!

I shall finish my waffling now, off to stitch and watch Titanic (very apt today) and then Homeland…which I have to say is one of the most fantastic drama’s I’ve seen in a long time.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you have a great week!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely finishes Elisa and lovely giveaway to have received. I too love The Little Stitchers blog. I have also finished Bruce's end of year gifts for his teachers and am going to frame both of mine. Yes we like Homeland here - really good drama. We also like Touch on Sky 1. Enjoy your evening xx

Solstitches said...

Two very pretty finishes Elisa.
Your RR stash looks lovely and what a lovely giveaway prize from Andrea.
Sorry to hear the weather was so poor for the kids Easter break.
I'm off to watch Titanic also although have not heard of that other programme.
Margaret

Theresa said...

Beautiful stitches~~~ Thanks for the link to The Little Stitchers!!!! So wonderful~~

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your finishes are lovely!

I'm going to check out The Little Stitchers Blog.

Thank you for the link.

Thoeria said...

What beautiful stitching :) And good going on getting the teacher's gift done so early! Sorry I'm not much help on ideas for finishes, but looking forward to seeing how you finish it :)
Lovely giveaway to have won!

Lesleyanne said...

Two lovely finish Elisa. Looking forward to the RR. Lovely gift received.

Angela said...

Wonderful finishes Elisa. I'm looking forward to our RR :)

There was a great documentary on History channel last night on the Titanic and they were able to map out the entire site on the ocean floor and they examined the evidence to see if the ship was flawed. They determined that in fact Titanic was the strongest ship built and if any other ship had hit the iceberg it would have sank much quicker. So in fact Titanic actually saved hundreds more lives by staying afloat for so long. It was incredibly interesting.

If Homeland is the American one that we just had on then I agree it is excellent! You'll love the season finale.

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful stitching and the giveaway is lovely. Congrats on the studies!

Sally said...

Two gorgeous finishes Elisa. The Little Stitcher has lovely pieces on her blog.

Looking forward to seeing your RR grow. You've chosen a lovely chart.

Congrats on the studies and winning Andrea's giveaway.

Christina said...

Wow, you're very organised Elisa, an end of year present stitched already?! I can't bring myself to think about the end of the academic year because that then means my 'baby' will be starting school in Septmeber!

The little tea freebie is very sweet. I must lave a look at the Little Stitcher's blog.

The note card from Andrea is beautiful. I'd love to get into card making but I think it would consume my life! One hobby is enough for the moment.

chris said...

Lovely stitching Elisa and what a super idea for the teacher, I would have loved something like that when I was teaching.. and read back to see you have been following Slimming World food plan successfully, well done on your weight loss.. Yes I am back on it and enjoying the magazine recipes.
Good luck with your OU, you are doing amazingly well.
Hugs Chris xx

Catherine said...

Love the stitches and congrats on finishing your set assignments!