Wow! it seems ages since I last updated you all with anything stitchy, but I have managed quite a bit of stitching over the past week or so,I have managed to finish 3 designs, but unfortunately I can only show you one as the others are secret stitching for exchanges.
I have been wanting to stitch this gorgeous design by Tanya for so long and finally I have, it is my choice for my April ornament for the Year Long Christmas SAL blog..
The Sampler Girl – Christmas Eve Flight freebie
Fabric: 32c Murano Ivory with Carrie’s Creation threads
Finished as a hanging ornament with ric rac and beaded trim
Fiona has messaged me to let me know that my 400th post mystery giveaway has arrived to her…it included Strawberries and Bunny pillow, 2 knitted washcloths, a Suffolk puff flower, hand-dyed fabric, threads, a selection of trims and embellishments, calming teas and a handmade felt pincushion and needlecase..
here’s a closer look at the pin cushion and needlecase…
I am very excited as I have been invited to join a Round Robin with a few stitchy friends, in almost 30 years of stitching this is my first ever RR, the timeframe is manageable for me to fit around my studies so I took the plunge…this is the design I have decided on..
I’ve had it on my “to stitch” pile for a good while and I thought it was a very apt design. I ordered my threads last night for it with my refund I received back from the GOSM which very sadly is ceasing publication.
My kitchen is still a work in progress, I ordered some very traditional style cafe nets for my 2 windows and am going to start the curtain and pelmet making in the next day or two…will keep you up to date on that! I need to double check all my measurements before I start to cut as it’s Cath Kidston fabric I’m using at £18 a metre…no mistakes allowed!
I have submitted two more assignments this past week, I only have my End of Module biggie to work on now…that needs submitting at the beginning of May so plenty of time to work on it. I have a day school in Leeds on Saturday, it will hopefully help me decide on which assignment option to choose.
Finally….I have been attending Slimming World the past few weeks as I was finding it difficult to get to the Weightwatchers meeting I was originally attending and I am feeling great, I have lost 11lb in the past 2 weeks, all together I have lost 20lb in the past 2 months, it’s really starting to make a difference now, my clothes are much comfier and I have much more energy, I’ve also rediscovered cooking as I am now using all fresh ingredients and “cooking from scratch”!
Thanks for visiting today and welcome to any new visitors!
Hugs & Stitches
16 comments:
Lovely finish - the colours are great together. Your giveaway gift looks so nice.
Good luck with the window dressings: hope you don't make any mistakes!
Looking forward to seeing the other two finishes.
well done on the stitching! your finished piece looks beautiful. I'm sure you had a lovely easter, getting all these surprises by mail:-) And as for weight watchers. You are doing extremely well! I'd wish my scale at WW on mondays would be a bit friendlier (although technically I'm the one to blame:-))
Congratulations on the weight loss. That is a great achievement.
You put a lovely package of goodies together for your lucky winner.
Beautiful stitched ornament.
Have fun with the RR.
Margaret
Gorgeous stitching xx
Love your SG finish! I'm really excited about our RR too :) I'll be in contact with more details shortly. Congrats on the weight loss! I'm trying it on my own for now and have lost almost 6 pounds in 3 weeks.
Lovely post Elisa...and your pillow finish is so pretty!! Great package you sent out for your giveaway too...wow, that box must have been overflowing :o)
Great job with your weight loss goals...keep up the good work!
Lovely Giveaway -
Looking forward to seeing the progress on your new piece ;)
Congratulations on the weight loss. I lost 2 lbs this week and was thrilled: you have done so well: inspirational.
Lovely stitching as always. Good luck with the assignment!
Congratulations on the phenomenal weight loss! That's so encouraging :)
What a lovely package you put together for your giveaway :)
Great job with the weight loss!
Love the stitches and what lovely goodies you sent!
Beautiful ornament finish!!!!! And the package you put together is awesome~~~
Lovely finish and the needlecase is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the weightloss!!
I love your ornament finish for April.
congratulations on the beautiful win from Fiona. What a lovely collection of things.
Congratulations on the weight loss!!
I adore your christmas decoration, well done on getting ahead on all of that. I really must start some earlier than November this year.
I love your ornament Elisa. I need to get this one stitched myself this year.
Lovely giveaway gifts you sent to Fiona.
Well done on your weight loss:)
Looking forward to watching your RR grow.
Dear Elisa, thank you so much for your sweet comment! So I now know your fantastic blog! I really love it and your works are beautiful!! *.* A big big hug!
(The Little Stitcher)
Post a Comment