Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Still Around

Sorry I haven’t been around much recently, things have been getting a little on top of me, both Martha and I suffered from a viral infection for almost 10 days which generally made you feel listless, rotten and our entire bodies were covered in a lumpy itchy rash, everything got behind, finances, household chores etc., I am now getting back to normal..or as normal as possible.

The only good side is due to not being able to do anything strenuous, some stitching took place…firstly I completed my part of Lesleyanne’s Round Robin, it was a delight to stitch..I stitched the ‘Snowed In’ square….I finished this up very early it is not due to travel on until August, but I have lots of study to do the next few month so thought I would take the opportunity when I had it!

468277_10150842955252167_2039930650_o

I also completed 5 items for a Facebook PIF I took part in….I used 4 free designs from Alexandrina’s blog and stitched them in pretty spring colours…I finishes them by adding a satin stitched heart or spider web stitch rose in the centre, I trimmed them with co-coordinating ric rac and a button.

457953_10150849746482167_1032522650_o

I completed my first ever patchwork over the weekend…I used the patchwork pincushion template from Cath Kidston’s ‘Patch’ book….it has come out huge….Martha has decided she would like it for her dolly’s cot, which I have said she can, I will make another one with a smaller template…I used Provence Rose fabric in both green and blue and the blue and pink spots.

457792_10150854081797167_1228984924_o469679_10150854075632167_1108546452_o

Once I had completed my bunting for the kitchen…which is still waiting to be hung….as I said everything has fallen behind, I had a little fabric left and I remembered I had bought these bright plant pots a while ago…so after a evening of a little had sewing and the use of double sided tape….this is what appeared…I now need to find 2 nice flowering plants to pop in them to brighten up my kitchen windowsill!

464841_10150849721517167_685924606_o

I had a little walk into York last week to blow away the cobwebs and found myself inside my favourite shop…lol…it’s didn’t take much arm twisting though I can assure you! I picked up the Provence rose fabric and this lovely mug which is a new design for this season….I love it so much and holds a sturdy sized cuppa!

475954_10150846723897167_1899180240_o

Just before the half-term break, the school held a Jubilee party for all the children, they all had a great time, unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures which didn’t include other children so cannot post them, but I did get this one of little Miss tucking into nibbles….

464224_10150834997987167_1654717329_o

Well enough of my waffling, it’s almost time to go to collect the kiddiewinks from school and nursery…we have a busy weekend, my little man is making his First Holy Communion on Sunday, so I will be back with photos early next week!

Take care….Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you and Martha have been poorly.

Your RR piece looks lovely.
Your finishes for the facebook PIF are very pretty.
Great patchwork and your new mug is lovely.

Lesleyanne said...

Sorry to hear you and Martha have been poorly. Glad you are on the mend. You have done a gorgeous job on the RR, thank you. Love your pillow finishes and new cup.

Julie said...

Super FB gifts, I love the patchwork, very pretty.

Catherine said...

So glad you re feeling better! Love all of your stitchy goodness. Good luck on your studies!!

Sally said...

I hope you and Martha are feeling much better now.

Lesleyanne's RR is looking lovely. Love your PIF finishes. So pretty.

Well done on your first patchwork!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you have both been poorly Elisa - so many bugs around mind you its hardly surprising with the weather. I aim to visit a CK shop with you some day - what fun we'll have. Lovely stitching xx

Solstitches said...

Those little pillows are very pretty and nice work on the RR.
The pincushion is beautiful! A big pincushion is not a bad thing for one that is in constant use. In fact, the bigger the better.
You did a great job on making those planters look very posh :)
Margaret

Bekca said...

I love how I can recognise so much from Cath Kidston in this post LOL Do you know we have a sale coming up?
I love the way you've made use of the fabric scrap, so creative.
I can't wait to see your finished kitchen.
Best wishes.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely stitching :D I love the patchwork cushion!