No crafty pictures to share from the weekend, we were much too busy doing other stuff! My parents took the kiddiewinks on Saturday which gave me the day to do some chores….this meant spring cleaning the boys bedroom….a job best done when the boy is not home…lol, I pulled out all the furniture, cleaned everywhere, changed it all around, organised and chucked out stuff….it looks so much better now and he loved the “new look” when he returned home that evening. I also had the time to gut the bathroom too, put up some pretties and a new shower curtain, all those little jobs you never get around to!
Sunday started with Mass, it was a lovely one too for Pentecost Sunday, lovely uplifting hymns all made perfect by the glorious sunshine. We arrived home just before lunch, so a quick bite to eat in the garden before the kids started their play….I then set to my playing….baking….whilst listening to Dolly Parton and Country Greats!
First is a recipe I found on Lucy’s blog, it’s her own adaptation of a recipe, which is delicious, it’s like a banana flapjack with seeds and dried fruit, I used sesame and sunflower seeds, raisins and cranberries…it’s delicious…
Secondly an old favourite…banana muffins… these are heading to school for the Big Bake Sale in aid of an orphanage in Malawi which the school has a relationship with!
Thirdly another Lucy inspired bake, I’ve been meaning to do these for a while, I used the recipe I found here on BBC Good Food and again made a few small changes…I used cranberries and raisins instead of sultanas as that is what I had in the store cupboard….and I have to say they are scrummy!
I also baked a quiche for dinner this evening…forgot to take a snap of that though!
When we were all played out…it was BBQ time for dinner…just a simple burgers and sausages tea…perfect end with hands food, to sit in the garden…followed by warm apple muffins….perfect!
Just a few pictures of the kiddiewinks enjoying the sun (excuse my messy garden, it’s a work in progress….the front of the house is done…but the back isn’t quite there yet!)
Well there you go…no stitching or crocheting to show…but still a fun time was had by us all…enjoy your week…the sun is set to stay for a few more days at least!
Hugs & Stitches
9 comments:
A busy weekend for you, the cakes look wonderful, i hope the school raise a lot of money with the cake bake sale.
It looks like the kids are having fun and sounds like you got a lot of things done around the house too! All the food looks delicious :)
Have a great week!
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend despite no time for crafting. Great pictures.
Hello
Sounds like you accomplished a lot during the weekend.
Your baking looks delicious!
Great photos of your little ones enjoying the sun.
Have a good week.
Mmm, yummy cupcakes, I bet they taste as good as they look. So good to hear you've been enjoying the gorgeous weather. I think I've spent most of my time outside this weekend and it was lovely.
Best wishes.
Gosh, what a lovely time you had baking and everything looks so delicious.
Lovely pictures of the children enjoying themselves in the sun.
Margaret
My goodness Elisa you have been busy. The cakes all look yummy. Wishing the school all the very best with their cake sale. xx
Sounds like a wonderful weekend and those baked goods look yummy!
I took inspiration from your banana muffins Elisa and made a batch of my own. Usually my kids eat bananas like they're going out of fashion but I think this heat has put them off. I'm now left with lots of over-ripe bananas!
Post a Comment