Sunday, 15 July 2012

Christmas Cardinal & Crochet

Not a lot of stitching to show you, but I have just finished up my July Ornament for the Christmas All Year Round SAL….

IMAG0980IMAG0981

Crossed Wing Collection ‘Christmas Cardinal’ November 2000 Free Chart

Fabric – Wichelt Linen ‘Lambswool’

Threads – DMC

Finished as a flat hanging ornament

I have also managed a little crocheting on my throw….it’s about half way there…

IMAG0977IMAG0978

I’ve spent quite a lot of this week studying and working in the garden….the constant dry and short sunny spells have allowed it to grow like wildfire…so I have been tackling the grass and weeds. I have been reading about body parts as exhibits this week…not a pleasant subject but more interesting than you may think and also researching lunar rocks for a group project…talk about diverse!!

More studying and gardening and sorting on the cards for this week….hope you have a great week!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely ornament!!

Julie said...

Pretty ornament finish, the gingham ribbon is lovely.
Your throws growing quickly.

Lesleyanne said...

Your ornament is gorgeous. Love your throw. Hope the studying is going okay.

diamondc said...

Love the afghan wonderful color combination, the ornament is adorable and the finish is wonderful.
Blessings
Catherine

Michelle said...

Oh I love love love the ornament its stunning. Your throw is beautiful also Elisa xx

Barb said...

ornie is gorgeous Elisa and the throw is fab-u-lous! Good luck with the weeding and studying!

Hazel said...

Your stitching and crocheting look fab Elisa. Well done. x

Gracie said...

The cardinal is lovely and the blanket looks ready to cuddle with.

Christina said...

Your throw is fab Elisa - I can't believe you're only new to crochet!
The cardinal ornie is beautiful. I love the ribbon you've used to finish it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely ornament finish, the green ribbon is perfect.
Your crochet is looking fab.

Heather said...

The ornament is lovely!

And good for you for making such a big and comfy looking blanket. I'd love to crochet an afghan one day, but I doubt I every will.

Sally said...

Lovely July ornament. Those reds really pop on that fabric.

Wow your afghan is looking gorgeous.

Chris said...

What a super ornie for July, I love that ribbon. I must get mine finished!
And haven't you done well on your crochet, it must be nearly finished?
Happy Days
Chris x

Anonymous said...

Hello

I love your ornament finish, the colours are lovely.
Your crochet looks good too.

Sally said...

Hello

I love your ornament the colours are great together.
Your crochet is lovely!