Thursday, 26 July 2012

Result and Fun Day Sunday

Sorry I have not been around too much recently…..life has been hectic the last couple of weeks of the school term, with assemblies, parties, fun days etc. But we are half way through week one of six and so far the sun has made an appearance everyday :0). Isaac had a wonderful time at his end of year disco ..he had a date too… doesn’t he look smart :0)

221533_10150932193292167_1823011249_o

The week started on a high for me, I received my results back for my first degree module, I scored 84% for my final examinational assignment, of which the subject was ‘if pilgrimages to sacred sites has changed because of modern tourism’. It was my essay highest mark of the module, I also received an overall score of 70% for the whole module, the pass mark was 40% so as you can imagine I was/am delighted, especially as this was my first formal education for 22 years!

I am half way through my second module which finishes with an exam in early October and then I begin my specialised Classical Studies modules.

Sunday was Charity Family Fun Day at a local WMC….it was a fantastic day, the sun was shining, the drink flowing, laughter was all around, the kids enjoyed the bouncy castles, sumo suits, football, games, tombola, face painting, ice-creams, BBQ with delicious hot dogs and burgers and the sweeties which were in constant supply!

523819_10150934895202167_136851381_n388989_10150934894442167_1280606334_n554996_10150934896062167_1669667096_n

I have managed some stitching this week, I have completed my private exchange piece to Jo, but alas cannot reveal that at the moment…I have made a small start on a wedding gift too…more of that next time. I’ve also done a little crochet too….talking of crochet, I had a little online bingo win last week, so ordered myself a few little treats…firstly this…

280233_10150940572322167_35444846_o

and I ordered these to go inside too….I just love them!!

614960_10150940571857167_1684339670_o

I also ordered 5 of these…ideal for my yarn and fabric stash I think…they are huge and made of recycled materials so good for the environment too….I also ordered a picnic cool bag in the same design too :0)!

21929_10

Just a little picture of a cheeky monkey to finish with….I was woken this morning to a little lady dress in her sun hat attempting to blow up her swimming water wings…lol!

338639_10150932192672167_1666259776_o

Here’s hoping the sun carries on shining…..

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

9 comments:

Melissa said...

You are quite busy! Congrats on the excellent marks. I found that once I found something I was passionate about that getting great marks was a breeze because I loved the subject that much!

The kiddies certainly look to be having a blast! Have a great summer

Melissa

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Dear Elisa,your children are beautiful! And that wall looks wonderful with your framed samplers.

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa how grown up they look and so very handsome. I love your new stash. Congratulations to you on your studies xx

Sally said...

Hi Elisa

I'm a new follower of your lovely blog and I enjoyed reading through it.

Congrats on your marks!
I love your crochet hook set and yarn holders, they are so pretty.
Lovely photos of your children too.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Your blog is lovely, you have some beautiful stitching.
Congrats on your exam result,
Great pictures of yourlovely children too.

Christina said...

How cute to see Isaac all ready for his 'date' lol! Looks like you're having a fun summer Elisa. Congratulations on the fantastic results! :0)

Heather said...

A very handsome young man!

I love your little treats for yourself. I could really use a crochet hook case like that. I'll have to keep it in mind.

Also, congratulations on doing so well in your class. Way to go!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How exciting to see my name and a forthcoming treat mentioned LOL.
Congrats on the exam results, it sounds like you're enjoying the course.
Hope the children continue to enjoy the Summer weather. My Small Boy managed to find the only nettle and the only patch of mud in the whole of the Pets' Corner this week!

Catherine said...

Wow! You been a busy lady and so successful on your classes as well! Cheers to you and well done!