Friday, 24 August 2012

Flippin’ Heck….it’s Friday!

Gosh it’s been almost 3 weeks since I was last with you…sorry but it’s been busy here with it being the school holidays and trying to fit chores, studying and playtime in!

We have been lucky with the weather here, mainly sunshine with an odd shower thrown in for good measure, we have had a few trips out to Harrogate, which was lovely, I used to live there about 20 years ago and it’s changed so much, it’s a place I would love to live again, if the opportunity ever arose. I searched for the Cath Kidston shop for ages and finally I found it, being honest I was rather disappointed with it, not as nice as ours here in York and the Leeds store, so I won;t be rushing there again! Trips to the park, into York, the Designer Outlet for school footwear and the 2 out of town shopping centres for uniform and housey bits…it’s been fun but rather costly!

169547_10151000067547167_1593298156_o558348_10151000067917167_896349571_n620941_10151000068747167_1337822198_o

I was flabbergasted last week when I received my latest assignment mark back, I received a mark of 90/100, I can tell you all I was whooping around the room and danced a little victory jig! But alas it couldn't last for long as I have a deadline for my final assignment for my second module on 6th September so it was back to the books…lol.

I have finished up some stitching which I showed you in my last post…

621879_10151001864672167_1485270860_oIMAG1049

IMAG1052

I’ve started stitching my Mums birthday gift which is on the 4th September so I need to get on with this PDQ…it’s going to be a lavender filled pillow, the design is from this free book from Cross Stitcher magazine.

IMAG1057IMAG1058

My kitchen is finally on the road to completion…I have managed to save enough pennies to order my new oven which will be delivered mid September, I’ve also ordered some lovely flooring and bought a table and chairs set which fits perfectly….happy days!! With the few pennies left from those purchases I bought a few brighteners for my lounge…

IMAG1055IMAG1056

Next week is the final week of the summer holidays, the kids…yes kids (plural) start back on 4th September, Martha is starting school, she will attend 5 mornings, she has a little uniform and looks so grown up in it…of course I will share a first day picture with you all!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend….thank you for all your comments and continued reading!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Elisa - I wa disappointed with the Harrogate CK shop too! Best one I have been to is Bath. Lovely photos of the little ones. Martha starting school - oh my goodness where has time gone - saying that though I think the school holidays have flown by this year. Well done on your mark - fantastic achievement xx

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your finishes are all beautiful and your lavender project is looking lovely.
Congratulations on your assignment mark!

Great photos of your lovely kiddies, sounds like you've been very busy!
Happy weekend.

Holly x

Solstitches said...

Your ornament and pillow finishes are very pretty Elisa. Lovely new start for your mum too.
Big congratulations on the great marks you got for your latest assignment.
Great pics of the kids enjoying their treat :)
Margaret

Julie said...

Congrats on your super result for your hard work. Hard to belive Martha will be at school, i remember you telling us all you were expecting!
Lovely gift you are stitching for mum.

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Elisa.

Lovely photos of Isaac and Martha. I can't believe Martha is starting school!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely pictures of Isaac and Martha. I can't believe she is going to school already. Congrats on your mark. Gorgeous finishes.

Cheryl said...

Love your finishes! I especially love how you finished the wedding one. I stitched that once and framed it but i much prefer what youve done!
Schools are back up here in Scotland already Hurrah!

stitchersanon said...

Boy dont they grow up fast! congrats on the fantastic mark!!! I would be whooping and jumping as well..and the stitching is amazing: dont know where you find the time xx

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just been having a look around your lovely blog.

Your stitching is beautiful - I love your sampler wall and your lavender wip is very pretty.
Congrats on your brilliant assignment marks!
Your children are very sweet.
Cat x

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your finishes are beautiful.
Great family photos too. I will enjoy following your blog.

Sally x