Sunday, 2 September 2012

A Wedding, A Picnic & A Gift

We’ve had a lovely week this past week, apart from the awful weather we had midweek…rain, rain and more rain, but the sun shone on Friday and the kiddiewinks and I headed out for a picnic lunch in York’s Museum Gardens, we enjoyed some lovely snacks in the sunshine, before heading into the Yorkshire Museum for a stroll around…it has some lovely exhibitions including a history of York exhibition, which I will revisit childfree along with the Roman Galleries, which will be very informative for my new module which begins at the end of September. The kids really enjoyed looking at all the fossils, dinosaur remains and the extinct animals section.

IMAG1065IMAG1067IMAG1066

Yesterday I attended the wedding of my friends Kay & Shaun (who I made the pillow for in my previous post), it was a busy day, my friend Collette and I were up and out early decorating the reception venue with balloons, confetti, favours and all the lovely sparkle's that go along with weddings! It was an early wedding at 10.30am and the reception was a family day with many children, so bouncy castles and games were the order of the day…my children decided to head to the coast with Grandma and Grandpa for the day, which meant I could have a relaxing time and have a well deserved beverage or 10…lol!

Here is a picture of the beautiful bride Kay and her baby daughter Olivia, sister Alina, Collette and me!

621097_10152089430430722_657654606_o

The happy couple cutting the cake and dancing their first dance together as a married couple…

255546_10151016587587167_1904469411_n257744_10151016066062167_1612778141_o

I am suffering with a severe hangover today, I had gardening to tackle but that has had to be put on hold…lol…maybe tomorrow…

It’s Mum’s birthday on Tuesday and I managed to complete her birthday gift on Friday evening….I am pleased with it…hope Mum loves it too..

577037_10151016585467167_2040946857_n

I will sign off for today…will be back with the promised school pictures in a few days…

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

8 comments:

Angela said...

It looks like the kids had fun on their day out and you had fun on your day out :) Lovely gift for your Mum!

Julie said...

Congrats to your friends.
Mums going to love her gift, it's superb.

CalamityJr said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding. Hope the effects wear off soon for you, lol. Your mum's going to love her lavender pillow; what a lovely finish.

Gracie said...

Great pictures of the wedding. The pillow for your Mum is so pretty! A beautiful gift.

Catherine said...

Lovely pics! Your kids are so cute! What a pretty gift for your mum!

Lesleyanne said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Lovely photos. Gorgeous gift for your mum.

Michelle said...

Love your picture of your stitched cushion for your Mum. Lovely wedding photos Elisa xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely pillow for your Mum.
The wedding looks fun too, I certainly don't miss having hangovers LOL.