My stitching mojo has gone for a walkabout, I think it’s because I’m not really having the time to really get stuck into a project at the moment, I did try kitting up some little projects but they are just not appealing to me at the moment….I may have to have a good look around for something that really inspires me. Studying and revision has taken up most of my time this past few weeks, I’m studying about 8 hours a day, 2 hours each morning with I have a childfree house and 5 hours most evenings….now you see why I’ve not been stitching productive! I have been crocheting though, I find that I can just pick it up and hook a bit here and there when i have a spare 5 minutes whilst dinner is cooking or whilst little Miss is playing during the afternoon….
Firstly I have been working on some crochet bunting, I’m using 4 ply cotton, I’ve almost got all the components together, I will then join the triangles together add a circle and button to the front of each triangle and a bead to the bottom of each one too….this will hang across my mantelpiece.
Secondly is the Aran scarf I am crocheting for my Mum for Christmas…the colour is a lovely natural one with flecks of colour through it, it’s lovely and soft and snuggly…
I have been feeling rather poorly today, I ate something which disagreed with me yesterday and was up most of the night….my parents kindly took the kids this morning so I could rest today….I have been attempting to follow written instructions for Granny Squares but really couldn't get to grips with them….but this morning I found a YouTube tutorial and within 30 minutes I managed this….I was delighted..
York like many places across the UK has experienced severe flooding this past week….this is one of the photos from the English Heritage website of Clifford’s Tower and the main road into the city centre…
Wishing you all a dry week…
Hugs & Stitches
8 comments:
Glad you are safe - hope the mojo comes back soon, your crochet looks fab xx
Love that scarf!
Oh my on the flooding ~ do stay safe and dry!
The crochet bunting is so cute Elisa. I look forward to seeing it hung on your mantel.
The floodings were terrible. Here in Northallerton we were relatively unaffected but many of the roads into Teesside that I use to visit my parents were flooded. :0(
Yes glad you are all safe Elisa. Crochet bunting how wonderful - it looks great. Take care x
Can I just say Elisa that you are a real inspiration to me. You study so hard on top of caring for your beautiful children. It makes me sit up and go study too!
I've just read your previous posts too. Congratulations on receiving such high grades, you must be very proud.
I hope the flooding doesn't affect you too much. It's times like this that I'm grateful for living on a hill :)
Best wishes.
Love what you have been crocheting Elisa. I hope you maange a wee bit of stitching soon but I'm not surprised you don't have time.
Glad you are safe. I did wonder when I saw the flooding in York on the TV.
great hooking :)
Those pictures of the flooding in York make me very sad. York is one of my most favourite places in UK. When we lived in UK we'd go every November to do the Christmas shopping. We also had our honeymoon there. Happy days!
Lovely crochet projects Elisa. I've lost my stitching and sewing mojo also and would far rather just pick up some knitting or crochet these days.
Margaret
Post a Comment