Saturday, 13 October 2012

Gifts, Bunting, Scarf & Stash

I celebrated my 41st Birthday this week, it was a quiet affair, I did have a trip to the Cath Kidston Tour Bus in the morning, it was visiting the Fresher’s Week at York University so my friend Claire and I had a little trip up….would have been rude not to.

535954_10151101148127029_252775528_n

the goodies I bought with my birthday money and our photo booth pictures :)

456330_10151060950377167_921306588_o576957_10151101579907029_399514033_n (1)

I received some lovely gifts from my birthday….from the kiddiewinks (chosen by themselves with a little help from Grandma!)

IMAG1152

From my parents a selection of goodies for my new kitchen…

IMAG1124IMAG1126

and from Michelle this gorgeous pinkeep of Carol’s Sew Buttons and a lovely chart too

IMAG1151

no stitching done unfortunately revising for my exam which is this Wednesday and keeping up with my new module is taking all my time up. I have been managing to pick a bit of crochet up when I have a spare few minutes here and there, that’s the good thing with crochet you can just pick it up….remember the crochet triangles…well here is what they became…

IMAG1121IMAG1122IMAG1123

I have also made good progress on the Aran scarf for my mum for Christmas….I need to attach the rounds with some wooden buttons and make some tassels for each end, I am toying between traditional tassels and pom poms….I have bought some dark brown Aran wool now to make one for my dad too :)

IMAG1133

I needed some bits of stationery so after my tutorial in Leeds last Saturday I headed to WHSmiths and bought these….the black pens and clear pencil case are for my exam this week, the new folder, page markers and post-its for my new module and the Latin dictionary is going to be a godsend as I am study Rome after Christmas…

IMAG1127

I also ordered these from Amazon…..

IMAG1131

Oh and finally stash…we eventually got there…I bought these from Sally the other week… I love SB I am hoping they will coax back my stitching mojo….

IMAG1134

these too….a selection of ribbons, bias bindings, lace, trims, buttons and pins….

IMAG1129

I have chosen the design I am going to stitch for Gracie for our private exchange, I will kit that up later today and hopefully make a start on stitching during the week….

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend….oh before I go….a little lady woke me up this morning telling me it was cold outside…..she’s is right too…it’s freezing out there!!

322877_10151047428062167_859627171_o

Thanks for visiting……

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

9 comments:

stitchersanon said...

I am glad you had a good birthday. I love the bunting and the pressies are just perfect. Good luck in the exam!

Solstitches said...

I SO want to get on that CK bus! I didn't even know there was such a thing. How fun.
Happy belated birthday Elisa. You got some great gifts especially that red CK bag!
Your crochet bunting looks lovely and that is an adorable picture of Miss Martha decked out ready for winter :)
Margaret








Nicola said...

I have never heard of a Tour Bus for Cath Kidson. What a wonderful idea.



Michelle said...

Oh no why haven't I seen the Tour Bus beforE! It looks wonderful. Glad you had a good time iwth your friend. Good luck in the exam Elisa x

Laura said...

Happy birthday.
Hugs
Laura

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes, you've had some beautiful goodies. The scarf looks superb.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday youngster!

Looks like you had a great day and some lovely presents too.

Catherine said...

A very happy birthday to you! Love all of your goodies, but my favorite pic is of your little one ~ way too cute!

Sally said...

Glad you had a great birthday Elisa. You received some lovely gifts.