Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Hello Folks….

Brrrrr autumn is well and truly here….but I must admit it is my favourite season, darker nights, cooler weather and lots of cosiness in the house :) I am back to normal amounts of studying now that my exam is over and my first assignment has been submitted….therefore I have been able to do crafting…

Firstly I finished up the crochet Aran scarf for my mum for Christmas…

415652_10151064143777167_1007010728_o

I have started one for my dad now, his is a darker chocolate brown Aran…

I have started this for Martha too, the first of two, this one will be for her bedroom and I will be hooking a pram blanket too for her new gift which Santa will bring :), her favourite colour is yellow so it is the main colour…this picture was taken a few days ago, I’ve done about 10 more rows since then so it’s growing very quickly.

52916_10151081248472167_1467553347_o

I spent Sunday afternoon and evening doing this little beauty….

135608_10151084115117167_942772155_o

It’s from a company called Hatched and Patched, this is for a project SAL I have joined for 2013…more of that to follow, I used WDW threads, it’s ages since I did some embroidery and I so enjoyed it…I will be doing more very soon!

I have done some cross-stitch too but it’s secret exchange and gift stitching so alas no pictures this time.

I have been getting organised for Christmas, lots of gifts bought and made, more still to do….we also had a toy clear-out on Monday from the kiddiewinks bedrooms, some have gone to the charity shops and some have been sold on….I had a clothes clear-out too…feels good to have a good sort twice a year…I hate clutter, I love seeing it in others homes, but I can’ live with it…I wish I could!

My friends and I are taking the kiddies out trick or treating this evening, lets hope the rain stays away otherwise I will have a soggy ghoul and pumpkin to entertain..lol!

Finally….after 28 years I have finally done this….I started at 13 years old…

553911_10151304897519810_856492974_n

I gave up smoking on the 1st October, I did it cold turkey too, no patches, gum, electronic substitutes, it’s Day 31 now….I have put on a stone in weight but I am going back to diet class to deal with that….I am not going to beat myself up about that fact…..

I also have started to do some voluntary teaching, but not at school, I have become a Catechist at church, I am currently leading the First Holy Communion course for parents of the children taking their First Holy Communion next year, it is great as it has helped me to strengthen my faith and look at things differently too….

Well wishing everyone Happy Halloween….

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

8 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Elisa - I applaud you. I know how difficult it is to quit smoking. I quit twice. Once for 10 years and this time it has been 12. I think I finally got it. Take care of yourself and don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back every now and then.

Heather said...

Way to go! Stopping to smoke is really hard, and I am very proud of you! :D

Nicola said...

A big congratulations, smoking is soooo hard to give up.

A gift handmade with love us to be treasured.

valerie said...

Love the scarf for your mom! ANd congrats on a month of no smoking! That's incredible. You should be very proud of yourself. :)

Chris said...

Beautiful Projects!
Congratulations on stopping smoking!! That is amazing!!

Michelle said...

Sending you lots of hugs xx

Catherine said...

Love your projects!! Congratulations on one month smoke free!! That is major and something to be very proud of!

Bekca said...

You really are superwoman Elisa, I can't tell you how much I admire you. The embroidery is beautiful and the scarf looks cosy and perfect.
Best wishes.