Sunday, 30 June 2013

A Long Month…..

Wow it’s been a long month since I last posted, it’s been a busy one with tackling the garden and organising my new degree modules for later in the year and organising the First Holy Communion Mass with the other Catechists, it went really well and the sun shined for all the children, the girls looked beautiful in their pretty white dresses and veils and the boys very smart in their crisp white shirts with red ties and red satin sashes (made by me!).

I have kept myself busy crafting too….I finished stitching my LHN Sheep Virtue ‘Peace’ this a few weeks ago, but have only got around to making it up…

1053491_10151448719982167_1493643059_o

I’ve made a few colour changes but have used DMC threads and stitched it on 32c Murano fabric and added a ruche ribbon trim….

I also managed to make up this embroidered wall hanging for little Miss’ bedroom…it was a free embroidery design, but unfortunately I can’t remember where I got if from…..

1039702_10151448723372167_1101401605_o

I also found a few hours to make the end of year gifts for the teachers….I decided on tissue pouches which I popped some Cath Kidston tissues inside…

1058097_10151445596017167_1937337682_o

I’ve also been doing some hooking too….I made up this bag following the tutorial on Lucy’s blog

1059105_10151437496567167_852544810_o

I hooked this uses Rico Cotton Aran….I still need to line this but I will use it for a yarn project bag….

I have a few other projects going on too….a huge king size bed throw for my bed for when my bedroom is decorated later in the summer, some cushion covers, a stitched sampler for my parents who celebrate their Ruby Wedding Anniversary in November and the rest of my Sheep Virtues too….

I have booked myself on my next degree modules, I will be studying 2 modules together to catch up from my module withdrawal earlier this year, I will be studying Voices and Texts and Introducing Religions….it will be a busy winter but both the children will be at school full-time which should give me more study time…in theory!

I did have some shocking news last week, the past 6 months I haven’t felt right, sleepy, lethargic, emotional and snappy (you get what I mean), anyway I also seemed to be catching every bug which was going around…anyway I had to see my GP early last week for one of these reasons and I mentioned to her how I had been feeling anyway to cut a long story short I went to the hospital to give blood for testing on Thursday and on Friday morning the doctors called me in urgently….you can imagine my panic…every conceivable illness went through my brain…anyway I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, even though I had gestational diabetes during both my pregnancies, it came as a huge shock….I have to completely change my lifestyle, it’s not like a diet as many of the foods you can ‘fill up’ with on a diet they are a no no or very limited with a diabetic eating plan….but it is something I have to contend with and now live with….

Well I must go and get cracking….things to do…..thanks for visiting my blog today!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

19 comments:

Brita said...

So sorry to hear you have to cope with diabetes on top of everything else now, Elisa. Hope you won't find it too hard to adopt a new lifestyle. Love both your new projects, well done!

Lesleyanne said...

So to hear you have Diabetes. I have had it a few years now after having gestational diabetes during both my pregnancies so know how you feel. All of your projects look gorgeous.

Gracie said...

Lovely....

Stitching Kath said...

Sorry to hear your news. Iris sends her love

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful stitching as always Elisa. As Jane Austen writes, this too will pass and soon become so normal you need not even think about it. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Firstly all your projects are gorgeous! I love the Little Virtues ornament :) Cute!
I'm so sorry to hear about the diabetes. I will keep you in my prayers!

Kay said...

i really like the way you have finished your little sheep. Beautiful bag too, I am hoping to learn to crochet one day.

Barb said...

Elisa I too have been diagnosed as being diabetic ,although after a month I feel so much better . So hope medication and diet work for you too. It is difficult adapting to a new regime and knowing it has to be stuck to. Love the Peace finish , I am just doing Courage,
Take care
Hugs

Tatkis said...

Wonderful finishes, the sheep pincushion is just lovely!
Adorable embroidered hanging!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Chris said...

As usual some very beautiful work from you .. not being well is upsetting but you can cope Elisa, my gosh you are a wonderful single Mum who has had lots of upsets in your life and you will get through this too. Take it one step at a time, small steps lead to bigger ones.
Keep calm and carry on crafting.
You can do it!
Love Chris xxxx

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Your Sheep Virtues ornament is so pretty.
Sorry to hear your news but I'm sure you will adapt once you get used to what you can and can't have.

Lindsay said...

Sheep Virtue is lovely

You soon learn to adapt and cope with a Diabetic, it's 10 years since I was diagnosed and now I don't think about much at all. You'll soon get used to what you can and can't have and learn to read the signs your body is giving you

Angela said...

First of all I'm so sorry to hear you have diabetes. I have many family members that have it so I know what it involves.

Love the sheep ornie, it's so cute! All of your other projects look gorgeous :)

Take care of yourself, hugs :)

Bekca said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have another thing to contend with Elisa. But I can see you're determined to face it head on.
Beautiful stitching, your Sheep Peace looks adorable.
I hope you enjoy your new modules. I found out yesterday that I finished second year with a 2:1 which is great for me :D Here's hoping third year will run as smoothly!
Best wishes with everything.

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa your stitching is lovely and I adore the bag.
Sending you hugs for the Diabetes my friend xx

Gillian Roe said...

Such lovely stitching, and your crochet bag is gorgeous. It would make an excellent project bag. Good luck with learning to live with diabetes, I hope it doesn't turn your life upside down too much. x

The Snowflower Diaries said...

Hello, we are soo similar, chocaholic, stitchaholic, stashaholic and reading this post... I have diabetes type 2, too! Not the best news for chocaholics, right? :-) I hope you get better soon! I adore your blog, lots of beautiful works you have. I am following you from now on:-)
Greetings,
Maja

Christina said...

I've only just seen your post Elisa. What a shock diagnosis for you. I hope you can manage with a modified diet. How awful to be told what you can/can't eat. :0(
Your crochet bag is gorgeous. One of these days ai will get around to crochet. I've seen the most amazing baby owl crochet blanket that I simply have to have for our new addition! :0)

Christina said...

I've only just seen your post Elisa. What a shock diagnosis for you. I hope you can manage with a modified diet. How awful to be told what you can/can't eat. :0(
Your crochet bag is gorgeous. One of these days ai will get around to crochet. I've seen the most amazing baby owl crochet blanket that I simply have to have for our new addition! :0)