It is you know….naughty…it snuck on me from nowhere and here we are day 5 of it already…well what a busy month October was…my studies began on the 5th, 2 modules at once approximately 26 hours a week….arghhhh…why? I did wonder, but I have to tell you all, I am loving it, thank goodness I changed degree path to follow religious studies, it’s totally right ‘up my street’.
Anyway onwards to the 10th…my 42nd (more arghhhs!) birthday, I had a lovely day, was totally spoilt with lots of messages, cards and gifts…
Cath Kidston Mug and spoons from my Grandparents…
Beautiful stitched pillow, card and CK goodies from Michelle…thank you again Michelle xx
Treats from my gorgeous kiddiewinks…plus the flowers jug in the background…
Lovely chart and card from Kath
A better picture of everything…..not pictured is the gift from my parents, gorgeous YSL Elle perfume, wooden heart ornament and a lovely snuggly scarf..
Onwards a little more…..I have been very busy crafting but it’s all for Christmas so I can’t really share apart from 2 little treasures…
My first attempt at fabric origami…not too bad…a little more practice required…
secondly…this is for my parent’s Ruby Wedding Anniversary in November, it’s a CCN design…I framed it myself…
Almost there……are you still awake??
Halloween…..my big ghoul and little witch trick or treated the neighbourhood to within an inch of it’s life…
My young chap became a fully invested cub…
last bit now…..
Diabetes news, my blood sugars have dropped by 13 points to an almost acceptable level, so no medication required at the moment….and finally…yes….finally MY BIG NEWS….no I’m not having another baby…lol, after 5 years of being a stay at home mum….I am finally returning to the workforce….partly because I wanted to and partly because in the UK if you are a single parent as soon as your youngest child hits 5 (Martha does in November) the government ‘force’ you back to work….anyway…I will be working 3 days a week around school runs as a marketing executive for an IT distribution company…it’s local and they are keen to work with and around me for my kids…which is very lucky…I start next week….so with 26 hours study, 18 hours of work and the rest of my daily stuff…I may not be around for a while….
All good stuff though eh….worth the waffle…..
Hugs & Stitches
10 comments:
Belated Happy Birthday wishes! It looks like you had some lovely treats, I hope you enjoy them all :)
The framed CCN design is stunning, what a perfect gift for your parents.
Back to study AND back to work? AND raising two lovely children? You truly are superwoman Elisa!
Best wishes.
Congrats on your job. I hope you are loving it. It will take a while to adjust, but I'm sure you will. Find a few minutes to stitch!
Oh Elisa you had some lovely gifts for your Birthday. I am so glad to hear you are enjoying your studies. The design you stitched and framed for your parents is stunning what a lovely sentiment. It will be treasured. Well done on your news about work - I wish I could retire but I think of Matt at Uni and all the CK bags I like and think ah well another day another dollar! Fabulous costumes - hope they were treated well - lovely to hear from you xx
Congrats on your new job. Happy Belated Birthday. Gorgeous gifts received. Lovely photos of both of your children. Love the framed piece of your parents.
Wonderful post ~ a very Happy Birthday to you! Lots of lovely goodies there. You are one busy mom ~ and lucky the job will work around the kids. Best wishes with everything ~ and always remember to take moments now and again for yourself!
You certainly have been busy. Good luck with the new job.
The little ones are certainly growing up quickly, their Halloween costumes are great.
Super birthday goodies.
Happy Belated Birthday!! It lookslike you had a lovely day and received some wonderful things.
The kids look great in the Halloween costumes. I hope that they had a fun time.
Gorgeous framing job! I know that your parents will love it.
Great job on the blood sugar. So glad that you have lowered it and can avoid meds.
Happy Belated Birthday! You had some wonderful gifts. Congratulations on the job, I'm sure everything will fall into place with the kids ... studies ... sleep ...
Happy Belated Birthday and Congrats on finding a job that ticks all the boxes. It's so hard finding flexible work that has enough hours per week to count. My last job was 15 hours a week term time so if I had still been a lone parent I wouldn't have been able to take it. Mad because it was perfect being in a school!
I'm please to see you were spoiled with all your birthday treats, what lovely things! Good luck with your return to work and the new, exciting challenges and changes ahead. x
Post a Comment