I’m back again for a fleeting visit…..I’m now back in the workforce 17 hours each week, also fitting in 25 hours of study each week, as well as all the other stuff that us lone parents have to do….some days I do struggle as I don’t have anyone else to help me with all the tasks around the house and garden…I will be honest I have been thinking of stopping blogging as I don’t really have much to show, but I will continue just to pop in every so often to say hello….I’ve also stopped reading a lot of blogs, for several reasons…firstly time…or lack of it….secondly these sickly sweet blogs that everyone seems to arse lick…oh sorry swoons over….being honest they make me more fed up and somewhat envious…some of these bloggers live in a bubble of easiness….anyway that’s it…
The little Miss turned 5 last week and celebrated with a Princess party….she has a fabulous time with her friends…
I made cupcakes and a daisy cake…
I’ve made a conscious effort to complete my numerous UFOs over the next year…I had two which were almost complete….well now they are…
Milady’s Needle ‘A Gift From A Friend’, this was gifted to me 2 Christmases ago by Michelle, I started it straight away and stopped as you do….anyway it’s now complete…..
Shepherds Bush ‘Sophie’s Roses’ was gifted to me by Barb ages ago I started it and almost completed it…but it’s now done too.
Both these charts I would like to pass along…if you would be interested in either of these charts please post a comment, I’ll leave it open until end of December and then draw 2 names out of a ‘hat’ ….
Finally…my young man and his classmates proudly sang in York Minster last week alongside two other schools and the Minster Choristers …
not a great picture, we weren’t given much opportunity….but the cathedral is HUGE…
Catch you soon…
Hugs and Stitches
13 comments:
Your stitching is beautiful! I would love to stitch either or both of these charts! Thanks for the chance.
No..do not stop blogging....just post when you can. I would miss reading about what you are doing. "Little Miss" looks adorable in red! Happy birthday to her. I would love to stitch either of your finishes....hang in there....you should be very proud of yourself for all that you do accomplish.
Hello Elisa,
Just found your blog. Love what you stitch. Good luck with your family and work commitments.
Happy days.
Bev.
I think we all need a blogging break every now and then ... and eventually you come back again refreshed (hopefully) and ready to take on the world (OK perhaps an exaggeration). I have to admit I have been absent regularly for about 2 years now, and only just starting to get back into regular blogging again - I was going through a bit of depression and just didn't want to sit and moan every time I got online, only to get into the habit of not being online, and not being driven to ready about everyone else's happy lives ... but the key is to really ignore what others are doing and be true to yourself ... blog if you enjoy doing it for yourself, but don't if it doesn't bring you enjoyment or it'll just add to your frustration ... even though I haven't visited for ever, I hope you keep it up! Your latest finishes are gorgeous! :)
I dont think they have it easy pet: they just don't blog about all their problems. Some people are very private (unlike me: hospital check up tomorrow ARGH!) rofl. I guess when you are tired and juggling you can get a bit sensitive to everything... Going back to work after your diagnosis etc must be one heck of a shock to the system,but you will get there. Juggling all the way and it doesnt matter if you drop a ball occassionally xxxxx Amazing birthday cake: looks like she had a great time!
HaHa, oh Elisa you made me laugh soo hard I nearly cried. Would you believe I was only just talking to a mutual blogging friend of ours the other day about the very same thing. Certain blogs, I can hazard a guess, but will not print here!!
Enjoy your ME time and drop in when you need to.
Hugs
Lovely pictures of your children. How great to be able to sing in York Minster. Your stitching is lovely. Life is not easy that is for sure.
Can't believe its 5 years since we met up! Must make a determined effort next year to come to York and see you.
Stunning photos of your little ones Elisa - you do a wonderful job never doubt that. I will e-mail you my friend xx
You are a busy, busy mom. I can't even begin to imagine how you juggle it all ~ I admire you for that! Your daughter is adorable ~ Haopy birthday to her ~ her cupcakes and cake look absolutely delicious! Wow ~ so neat that your son was able to sing there! I bet it was beautiful. Looking forward to your next "pop-in".
Little Miss looks so adorable! I'm glad to read she had such a fun party :)
I think stitcheranon is right, not everyone has it easy, some people just don't post certain things. I too would sorely miss your posts if you stop blogging, but really, it must be about what is best for you and your family :)
Best wishes.
These are two beautiful designs but I must resist the urge to enter! Give Lynda another chance from me LOL.
I must confess, my blog may give the impression that I live in a bubble of easiness but the truth is - my blog IS my bubble! As I say in my top bar, it's about the nice things in life not my Real Life. I think alot of the bloggers that I call my friends are the same, when you talk to them offline you get more of an idea of their problems.
So please don't disappear, we'll miss you!
don't believe everything you read on the cheesy blog(s) as it's all for show and nothing like it in real life! It's a way of them getting blogging friends and makes them feel wanted.
Post a Comment