Sunday, 29 December 2013

Almost There……

Wow what a quick year 2013 has been, it’s been a whirlwind….I hope 2014 slows down slightly….I’m getting no younger!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their festive season, it’s been quiet here, a nice relaxing couple of days, but now it’s back to the grindstone with study and work….the kiddiewinks had a great Christmas and were spoilt rotten as usual….

DSC_0014 DSC_0015 DSC_0018 DSC_0024

I also received some lovely gifts….in no particular order…

Thank you Mum :)

DSC_0032

Thank you Mum and Dad :)

DSC_0033

Thank you Michelle :)

DSC_0037

Thank you Karen (My OU Craft Group Christmas Exchange)

DSC_0040

Thanks you Kath :)

DSC_0041

and last but my no means least….a cupcake timer from the little Miss and a travelling sewing kit from the little man, both chosen by themselves :) :)

DSC_0042

…I was spoilt too :)

I cooked this year, the traditional turkey with all the trimmings, followed by Christmas pudding….it was yummy if I do say so myself.

I had a childfree wander around the shops yesterday and treated myself to some new make up, a new hair colour (Frosted Chestnut), some new sparkly glittery nail paints and a new lunchbox and tea mugs from Cath Kidston :)

In my last post I offered two charts that had been gifted to me….Lynda I have emailed you for your details…well done :)

I also noticed that it was my blogaversary on Christmas Eve….6 years I’ve been blogging…460 posts, 1 pregnancy and birth, 3 relationship break ups…lol, 3 house moves, 2 jobs, a degree enrolment, a diabetes diagnosis, hundreds of craft finishes….a 40th birthday..*gulp*….anyway in the time I have made many lovely blogging friends and special friends and have loyal followers and commenter's, therefore my blogaversary giveaway this year will be chosen at random from one of my loyal commenter's from the past year…so if you are one of those…maybe an email will be with you very soon…I will make the drawing on New Years Eve.

Well I must now get out my study books…..Islam is the book of choice at the moment…..

I will be back with New Year plans…very soon

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

14 comments:

stitchersanon said...

What a lovely post. Great pictures,looks like the kids had a great time and I really love the Brigette Jones style writting at the end!

Happy blogoversary and Happy New Year!

Lesleyanne said...

Looks like you all had a lovely Christmas. Lots of lovely gifts. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Gracie said...

It certainly has been a fast year. Glad you and the little ones had a good celebration. Wishing good thoughts for the New Year.

Cindy's Stitching said...

what great photos. Lots of great treats. Have a blessed new year.

Anonymous said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New year!

Julie said...

I love to see children's faces when they are opening their pressies. Wishing you health, happiness and a peaceful 2014 Elisa.

Bekca said...

I'm so glad to read you had such a lovely Christmas Elisa, you deserve all of your fab gifts. What a great idea for a giveaway, and congrats for your blogaversary too :)
All the best for the new year.

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Elisa - I love what the children chose for you how thoughtful - I agree this year has been a whirlwind of a year xx

Blu said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!
All the best for 2014.

Chris said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! I love the cupcake timer.
Congratulations on your blogaversary and wishing you a wonderful 2014!

Stitching Kath said...

Wow how long is it since we did France? Weren't you pregnant then with the little miss? Lol

Jennifer Hays said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, Elisa. All the best to your family in 2014.

Andrea said...

This year certainly has gone like a whirlwind. Lovely gifts.

Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

I am so with you on time needing to slow down! I had to giggle at the pics of your little ones opening their presents, their hands must have been moving so fast to open, as they are all a blurr! Lovely goodies! Wishing you all the best in 2014!!