It’s a damp drizzly day in York today, but after the freezing cold few days we had at the start of the week, a pleasant relief, we skated to work and school this week, I nearly ended up on my posterior several times as my office is located on an industrial estate on the edge of York in a little village so the country pathways were decidedly dicey.
i have been rather under the weather too, since my flu jab in November, I’ve not been right, a constant cold and cough which didn’t want to shift, last week it just got worse, i could hardly breathe, a trip to the docs gave me the diagnosis of a chest and upper respiratory infection, no wonder I was feeling so crap…anyway I’m now on the horse pill sized pills and starting to feel a bit better.
I’ve managed a little stitching this week, the next of my LHN Sheepies….Patience, I’m stitching it in the recommended DMC threads, but have made a change on the blue, I fancied something a little brighter.
I also got a new basket for my yarn this week…..I love it sooooo much, it’s lovely and big and will hold a good amount of yarn..
The weave is fairly smooth, but as I don;t want my yarh to get any snags, i am going to line it…I have had some heavier weigh CK fabric in my stash cupboard for a good long while, it will be perfect for the job…and it’s pretty too..
My mum is going into hospital tomorrow for a hysterectomy, she’s been waiting an awful long time for it, she will have 12-16 week recovery period afterwards too, so I will be on hand to help out with household stuff as much as I can….I’ll keep you posted on that.
Right folks, time to make a basket lining template I think….keep warm and dry
Hugs and Stitches
11 comments:
Love the shade of blue and the basket looks perfect. Good wishes to your mom....
Love your basket and your stitching - hope all goes well for your mum xx
Patience is coming a long beautifully! I love that basket, it is the perfect yarn holder :) I'll be sending good thoughts for your mum's speeding recovery. Best to you! Take care.
Best wishes to your mom on a speedy recovery and I hope you get to feeling better yourself. Love your progress on Patience and your basket is lovely. That fabric will be perfect for its lining!
Oh I love your basket and the fabric will compliment it lovely. It looks like I too will having the same Op as your Mum this year so give her my love xx
I like your choice of a crisper shade of blue, I think it looks good. Lots of good wishes to your mum, she'll be glad to get it over with.
That is pretty fabric to line the basket with! And you're right...the blue you chose "pops" a lot more :) All the best for your mum.
Good luck to your mum. Hope you feel better soon. Gorgeous basket. The fabric is gorgeous too. Lovely stitching.
Love your basket, the fabric will look so pretty as a lining. Patience is looking good. Best wishes for your Mums speedy recovery and yours by the sound of it.
Best wishes for your mum! I'm sure she'll have a speedy recovery. The CK fabric will be lovely in your new basket, looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Urgh, chest infections are horrid Elisa. I had one last year and felt like death. :0( Fingers crossed you are fully recovered soon.
My mum had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. It was difficult for us all at the time because we were still living at home and my mum did so much around the house. I remember my dad cooking tea for the first time ever! Once she recovered she said she felt like a new woman. I wish your mum a speedy recovery. :0)
Love your basket and looking forward to seeing it lined. I love Cath Kidston fabric.
Post a Comment