Sunday, 9 February 2014

Folksong and Adventurers….

Bright and extremely breezy here today, but at least it’s not raining….we’ve had buckets of it every night though.

I’m working extra hours the weeks around the half term so I can take the week off, downside of a new job….no accrued holiday, so extra days for 3 weeks so I can take the days off for the half term week.

The kiddiewinks and I went shopping into York last Saturday, it was bright and sunny….but very chilly, but it was pleasant wandering around the shops, young man wanted some headphones for his tablet and the little miss chose a craft kit to make masquerade masks…a half term project! Of course I could not come home empty handed…I headed into my LYS Knit & Stitch, they have so many lovely yarns, I could do severe damage to my bank balance….I wanted to make myself a cowl and some wrist warmers…I chose Sirdar Folksong Chunky….this yarn was in the sale and the colours are fantastic…it’s a wool and acrylic 50/50 mix and hooks up a treat…the cowl and 1 wristie are complete…the second one I need to finish…

DSC_0068

Whilst we were wandering we passed another one of York’s historic treasures…I remembered to take pictures for you all…

The Merchant Adventurers Hall….there is a fabulous website for this gorgeous building here

DSC_0050 DSC_0051 DSC_0052 DSC_0053

I took some other photos too of other parts of the city, but I will save those for another time :)

My bargain tete a tete is flowering beautifully now….50p for pretty sunshine everyday….worth every penny!

DSC_0065

During my mammoth bake off for the Rainbow’s church coffee morning last Sunday my extremely old weighwatchers scales decided to go to scales heaven….I had to do some guess work but the cakes turned out great. But this did mean a new pair of scales were required…I knew what I wanted a vintage style, I was lucky enough to discover these beauties in Wilkos yesterday…they have pink, red, minty green and lime….I chose the minty green…

DSC_0022

I LOVE them so much!!

I also picked this up yesterday….it’s a super magazine with all kinds of craft projects, some which are childfriendly too….I’ve already earmarked about 7 projects so far….not including the cute mouse on the cover….

DSC_0019

Finally….I finally finished a new blooming flower cushion for my sofa….it’s been an on and off project since before Christmas..

DSC_0049

The pictures below give a better idea of the true colours…

 DSC_0063 DSC_0064

Well that’s all folks…enjoy your Sunday!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

9 comments:

Thoeria said...

Daffodils are my favourite :) So bright and cheery! Love the blooming pillows....very clever!

Hazel said...

Elisa everything looks wonderful! I want to see some pics of your cowl and wristies when they are complete. Very nice yarn and lovely cushions. I really struggled with getting the back to fit mine for some reason. x

Julie said...

Super yarn, your new cushion looks fabulous.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new yarn. Love seeing your pictures of York. Your cushion looks great. Hope you have a good week with the children.

Sally said...

Lovely photos Elisa. I love your new wool. Gorgeous colours.

Enjoy half term.

Andrea said...

Wow they will see you coming in those gloves and cowl! Great colours. :) Beautiful cushions too.

Tracy Dixon said...

I love that yarn its on sale at my LWS as well I have been trying to avoid it as I know I won't be able to resist it !!! I have one of those cushions on the go as well I have lost interest with mine and have forgot where I'm up to with it, the colours you have chose for yours are fab !!! T x

Gillian Roe said...

Beautiful cushion! It's so pretty. I love the look of that yarn - I know the name doesn't matter but it's extra nice when the yarn has an attractive name as well as an attractive colour. x

Angela said...

Love the new yarn color, can't wait to see what you have done with it. I have enjoyed your historic trips and enjoy seeing the fantastic pics.