Saturday, 10 January 2015

2015...A New Start

Hello all and a Happy New Year, it’s been a very loooong time since I last posted, I haven’t been in a particularly good place, struggling with life in general and all it throws at us…but I made some BIG decisions at the end of 2014 and this year I’m determined will be much better. 

I’m not going to go much into the whys and wherefores of the struggles, but health, finance and study were all part of the problems, by removing the study, I have assisted in helping the health and the finance is something which remains an issue until I win the lottery, more frugal living is something I’m attempting, cutting costs where I can and making things stretch a little further wherever possible.

2014 wasn't  really a good year for crafting, basically as I didn’t really have the time, with juggling 2 jobs, study, 2 growing demanding children and all the other ‘stuff, needles crossed 2015 will be more productive, without the stress of it all.

I managed a few finishes, first was a small chair throw/blanket which I crocheted for my bedroom to lay over a wicker chair, its make from James Brett Cotton On Yarn, a lovely mix of cotton and acrylic, in pretty spring like shades. 



I completed this for the iStitch group Exchange, it’s Sew French Blue, I finished it as a pinkeep trimmed with lace.


 
My Yarndale Mandala, which I was most proud to see making an appearance in the programme!



Teacher’s thank you gifts…



Home for the Holidays by the Drawn Thread, finished as a hanging ornament…


There you go…not a very productive year craftwise, but I hope to do a little more this year…I’m currently working on a blanket for Miss M’s bedroom…



Also 2 new year long cross-stitch projects, both by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery




I am hoping to stitch each month in each corresponding month….in theory that is!!
as well as starting a patchwork throw for my bedroom…
Busy busy busy….
Catch you soon…

10 comments:

Danielle A said...

The drawn thread pattern and the frosted pumpkins ones look great! Welcome back to the blogging world!

Gracie said...

Oh so nice to read a post from you! I do hope that 2015 will be a much kinder year for you and the children.

Hazel said...

Lovely to see you posting again Elisa! You had some fab finishes last year. x

Michelle said...

Oh Elisa it is lovely to see you back again - welcome you have been missed. Lovely photos. Adore the blanket. I am finding all things yarn easier than cross stitch at the moment - I find it more relaxing xx

Sally said...

It is lovely to see you back Elisa. Hope this year will be much better for you.

You had some lovely finishes.

Chris said...

Lovely to see you back, great new designs which I am sure will get your mojo working at 100%
A very Happy, Healthy and a kinder 2015 to you dear Elisa..
Chris x

Christina said...

Hello again! Love your crocheted blanket - the colours are beautiful. I took a crochet course last year. I enjoyed it but I wasn't very good at it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see you blogging again. You have chosen some lovely projects to work on this year. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Stitchabilities said...

Hello.
Lovely finishes
I hope 2015 is kinder for you. xx

Carin said...

What a beautiful projects, love the Home for the Holidays ornament.