Thursday, 6 March 2008

Finally some progress....

..... on my Lizzie*Kate Double Flips, I am taking part in a SAL on the Jayne's Attic forum and being honest it had taken a back seat for a while as I had lots of little projects I needed to complete. However I managed to get about 3 hours worth of stitching done on it last night. I comepleted "Love" and got well on my way with "Remember". It is a nice project to stitch, one of those you can do whilst watching the TV as there are not numerous colour changes and lots of counting. I think I will start to dedicate 2 evenings a week to this from now on.

Here is a somewhat fuzzy picture of my little completion from the last couple of evenings, it is this months freebie from Prairie Schooler it is stitched on 32c Witchelt Lambswool linen in the recommended DMC threads. I have backed it in the same fabric and cross-stitched my initials over one to just finish it off nicely. This is for an exchange, but as I love it so much I have decided to stitch it again for myself :0)

I have decided on my finishing technique for the March Monthly Challenge on the Jayne's Attic Forum, I have an idea of fabric and colours and intend to try a few ideas this afternoon, so that I can make a start on it.

I received some lovely stash on Tuesday: from
Jayne's Attic my month thread pack; a selection of green silks and cottons including Dragon Floss, Ozark, Dinky Dyes all lovely as always,also some John James Needle Pebbles and some Carries Threads for a new project. I also received my first order from SanMan Originals, lots of charts, buttons, charms and tucks from the February and March Newsletters....stash heaven :0)

There is also more on the way...some felt, needles, pins, Q-snap frame and some other odds and sods from
Sew and So and another pink parcel form JA!! Hurry up postman, I see his bike parked opposite so he is up the road now...so hopefully he won't be long now.

Happy Stitching to all..

Hugs

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your L*K's look wonderful as does the PS exch piece, no wonder you want to do it again for yourself

WOW talk about stash heaven ... poor postie he'll have backache carrying all that LOL

Mylene said...

Great progress on LK.

PS finish looks wonderful. Hope to stitch that one too one day...!

Sally said...

Your L*Ks are gorgeous Elisa. They are so pretty and colourful. Also love your PS piece.

Wow lots of new stash and more to come!

Karan said...

Don't you just love days that start with stash! LOL
Seeing your L*K piece makes me want to start mine - it is so lovely. PS is too cute, don't blame you for stitching another to keep. :0)