Tuesday, 18 March 2008

A Weekend of Stitching

I finally made a start on my new project which is "My Little Book of Stitches" a Debbie Draper Design which appeared in the August 2007 edition of the TGOSM. I am not using the recommended threads but decided to use Carrie's Creation threads instead (Black Cherry, Purple, Ultraviolet, Violet & Pacific Blue), I have almost completed the front cover, which is one of eight pages, which when all stitched is made into a concertina book and fastened using ribbon. I fell in love with the design when I saw it, I am stitching it on 28c antique Jobelan, it is a lovely design to stitch and am enjoying it so far.

My personal stitching challenge for 2008 is to attempt Hardanger, which will now become a reality as I have joined the Beginner's Challenge on the India Grace Designs group, it is a complimentary design by Vicki, which can be stitched in our own personal choice of colours. I have decided after over an hours deliberation on the phone with Jayne (from Jayne's Attic) on warm terracotta colours on a hand dyed 28c evenweave, a choice of colours being posted to me to decide which one I like...and the other colours can be returned...emphasis on "can be returned" I know the moment they arrive I will end up keeping them all...lol. I also ordered a new pair of Dinky Dyes scissors too, so more nice stash post in the next few days.
Talking about nice stash post, I received my large order from Six Strand Sweets yesterday which are all lovely, I spent a fair few hours last night bagging and labelling and putting them into the SSS drawer of my stash cabinet, I only need 7 more colours now to complete the set :)I also received some Polstitches Dragon Floss too today from JA, which I am just about to bag and label. So am happy dancing today....:0)
Not decided what tonights stitching is maybe part 3 of the Papillion Garden SAL or some more of my "book", see how I feel after the sausage casserole.

Wishing you all a happy stitching evening
Hugs



8 comments:

Sandra said...

Lovely stitching Elisa. Good luck with the hardanger, I'm sure you will love it. I was nervous before I first tried and found I really enjoyed it.

Sally said...

I am so happy to see you stitching this one Elisa. I love this design and it looks gorgeous so far.

Christina said...

Your needle book is off to a great start. I love Carrie's threads. Congrats on all of your wonderful new stash. Looking forward to seeing your hardanger.

Tonya said...

Good luck on the hardanger!! I would be sooo nervous to cut fabric!!!!! Love the book so far!!!!

Julie said...

Love the new look very pretty.

Good Luck with the hardanger, i joined it too LOL

Great progress on this one

Lynn said...

lovely work so far Elisa, it's going to look lovely :)

I'm thinking of joining in with the hardhanger too, it's some thing I have a mental block on, but I'm sure it's not as hard as I think lol

Karan said...

Love the look of the needlebook Elisa - looking forward to seeing more.
Nice new stash!
Good Luck with the hardanger - have fun learning. :0)

Anonymous said...

Looking good Elisa, as I'm stitcing this too, it will be nice to watch you're progress