Friday, 30 May 2008

Finishing Friday!!



Hurrah....finally a few finishes I can show you, I have also completed another which I cannot show you...yet!! First finish was the new project I started on my stitching holiday in France, I finsihed the stitching and making up last weekend, but did not have enough of the green ribbon I wanted to use for the ruched ribbon...4 metres was needed in total. The design is Blossoms and Blackbirds by Little House Needleworks, it is stitched in the suggested DMC threads on Polstitches hand dyed 28c evenweave in Natures Grace. I back it with some checked fabric I bought from the LNS in France :) This is my first LHN finish and I am delighted with it.
As a celebration, I am offering the chart to a lucky reader of my blog...to enter please leave a comment by Wednesday 4th June, I will then ask my DS to choose a name out of a hat and post the winner on my blog Thursday. The chart has been used but is still in good condition.


Here is my second finish I can show you, it is a Seaside Themed ornament for an exchange on The Phoenix Stitchers. It is stitched on navy 28c evenweave, in DMC threads. The design is from a selection which appeared in the World of Cross Stitch magazine.

I have succumbed to temptation and ordered the Twisted Oak Patchwork Garden Ball from Jayne, a bit of a treat to myself also with some lovely backing fabrics from Sew Creative who have an offer of 20% off all orders until end of play Saturday!

I received some nice stash from Jayne this week too, my monthly club threads, a selection of Carries, I only need 20 more to complete the set now and a my monthly selection of Dragon Floss, which are so scrummy!

I have got slightly behind on my 3 WIP's but I am not too worried, as being honest sometimes I do like to do some small finishes, it breaks up the boredom of the biggies...I hope to get back to them during June.

Some non stitchy news now, I had my GTT (Diabetes test) this morning at the hospital, I had Gestational Diabetes during my last pregnancy from 26 weeks, but it always comes back the next time too, so they tested me early this time 14 weeks. I had to starve from 10pm last night, then give blood at 8.30am this morning, then drink what felt like a gallon of Lucozade (which made me feel very sick), then sit for 2 hours before having my blood taken again. They rang me this afternoon with the results and I was so suprised when they told me it had come back clear...so another 12 weeks before another check!!

Well enough of my wafflings...time for Britain's Got Talent and some Minstrels to celebrate...the choccie you can eat whilst you stitch...lol

Have a good weekend & Happy Stitching

Hugs


7 comments:

Julie said...

Blackbirds is a stunning finish, love the rushed edge. The starfish is a cutie too.
Good news about the blood test. Enjoy your weekend
{hugs}

Diana said...

Great finishes!

Christina said...

Your LHN is wonderful. I love the starfish. Enjoy all your wonderful new stash. Great news on your test. Hope your next test comes clear as well.

Stitching Kath said...

lovely finishing. you are very clever. i wouldnt know where to start to finish it off. good news about the test. hope you are keeping well. love kath

Karan said...

Cute starfish. Blackbirds is stunning - love it!
Glad all went well with the test. :0)

staci said...

Love your pinkeep, especially the trim! Congrats on the clear test results!

Sally said...

Oh wow what gorgeous finishes Elisa. I love the Blackbirds one.