Monday, 22 September 2008

Miserable Monday

This is what I wish I was looking at this morning...but instead it was raining, dark and miserable...oh well at least I have come straight back home from dropping the little man off and cleaned the downstairs...so that is all clean and tidy...I can sit and stitch and make up now, without feeling guilty...lol!!

I managed to do some stitching over the weekend, I had quite a few hours to myself on Saturday as it was DS's Saturday out with Daddy, so I managed to get half way through Part 3 of the PAP sampler...so I will do somemore of that today..I would like to get Part 3 finished this month.

My cousin is over from Oz at the moment and was in York for the weekend so we all went over to my parent's on Saturday evening to see her, which was lovely. We do keep in touch over Facebook, but it was lovely to see her in the "flesh". Just a shame she could only do a few days here.

Yesterday was a "proper Sunday...a full day of rest", I managed to make up my Monthly Challenge peice for the Stitch & Stash forum...the reveal date is 27th September...so I cannot post a picture until then for you to see. I also started and completed the stitching for the Autumn Exchange peice on the Stitch & Stash Forum too, which I was really delighted to do...even though I am having troubles with my thumb on my right hand, it is very stiff and sore sometimes in the knuckle joint and feels sometimes as though it is "stuck" I just massage it and it seems to ease it....unfortunately I can't take an anti-inflamatories being pregnant so I am having to suffer at the moment. I have got lots of dry skin and cracks on the tips of the same thumb and the first 2 fingers of the same hand....not sure what is causing it...I use decent hand moisturiser all the time..it is annoying as sometimes my thread snags on it...ouch!!

I also signed up for the Halloween Exchange too on the S&S forum...so I have plenty to keep me busy....lol. I need to stitch another Christmas Ornament this week too...I am going to do one of the L*K Double Flips Christmas 2008 ones I think.

I hope my fabbie order will arrive today so I can make a start on my little handmade Christmas Gifts too.

Ah well best go and sort some washing out and put some more in the tumble drier....

Happy Monday to all
Hugs & Happy Stitching


3 comments:

Karan said...

It's grey, drizzly & windy here - what a let down & gloomy start to the week! Glad you managed some "me" time over the weekend. Ouch! That sounds sore - hope it gets better soon.
Looking forward to reveal day. :0)

Julie said...

Nice to hear you are following Dr's orders and getting plenty of rest.

Angela said...

It sounds like you have been busy and making the most of your child-free time. I hope your thumb improves quickly it must be hindering your stitching.

Loved the piece in your previous post it is very pretty.