As promised, here is the completed "M'Lady's Strawberries" by LHN, it is stitched on Mocha Quaker Cloth in the recommended Crescent Colours & DMC threads. This is my final finish for 2008 and I completed it about 4pm on New Years Eve.
I think I may finish this into a cushion, I need to hunt out some strawberry fabric first though!
The 1st January was the start date of the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler SAL, here is my fabric and floss toss for the project. I spent a bit of time this afternoon, sticking together the 6 sheets of pattern and pressing and hemming the fabric, ready to start stitching.
I started a little stitching project this evening which should be completed tomorrow, it is for the Stitch & Stash Monthly Challenge, it is a bit of a different design for me, but I like it and I know how I intend to finish this one too.
I have decided to work on larger WIP's this year, rather than lots of little things. I will do the Monthly Challenge, a few exchanges, PIF's & the Monthly Christmas Ornament SAL, I don't want to over commit myself for the first 6 months of the year.
Have a good weekend all and Happy Stitching
Hugs

15 comments:
M'lady's Strawberries is lovely. I really like the colours youv'e picked for the BP SAL too,
I love M'Ladies strawberries..beautiful. Well done, I dont know how you manage, with two youngsters and such neat stitches!
Lovely stitching Elisa... hope that little one is giving you some stitching time, nice to see you're ready for the new years stitching.
Happiest of years for you in 2009..
Chris x
Just seen you intend doing a monthly challenge as Becky is ending hers do you know of another one as I found this so helpful to push me into getting things finished?
M'ladies Strawberries is gorgeous, congratulations. I like the colours you've chosen for Beatrix
Your finished piece is gorgeus, and the quaker is wonderful! I can't wait to see your progress :)
Love the finish and the purples for the Beatrix Potter SAL are delightful.
Love the finish!
M'Lady's Strawberries is gorgeous Elisa and I love the colours you've chosen for your BP SAL.
Super final finish of 2008.
Loving your colour choice for the BP SAL, i've not started mine yet.
Great finish.
Im new to your blog and your stitching is great will definately be back
happy stitching
Shellie
Congratulations on your finish! The colors for the next project look yummy, and I'm looking forward to see the progress.
What a beautiful piece to finish 2008 with - I'm looking forward to seeing your finishes in 2009 your stitching is always so beautiful.
Your finish is lovely - congrats! Hope you find some strawberry fabric to match!
Congrats on your lovely finish Elisa! That BP sampler is also in my to-do list but I can't guarantee when. I love your choice of colors for it and can't wait to see the finish piece.:)
Belated Happy New Year!
Stunning finish Elisa and I love the colours you've chosen for BP I love lilacs
Post a Comment