Monday, 16 February 2009

Valentines Weekend

Here finally to share with you is the Redwork Heart Ornament which I stitched for Shaun as part of his Valentines gift. It is a design by Elisa’s Passions (not me I hasten to add) which I stitched in Carries Creations Plymouth Red and finished as a heart shaped ornament for him to hang in his car :0). I also got him the 50 years of Motown CD and a lovers voucher book…lol.

SDC10217SDC10219

Shaun really spoilt me, I received  John Lennon’s “Working Class     Hero CD and this amazing bouquet of flowers and a cute Eeyore Card, we went out to the Range and I chose some pictures for my lounge and a new vase for my flowers…lol, I have 3 vases full of flowers, the bouquet was that big. In the evening we ordered in a Chinese meal which was gorgeous, then half way through the meal I was presented with my “real” Valentines gift….tickets to see Take That in June, well it is not often that I am speechless but yes on this occasion I really was!!

SDC10257[1]SDC10247-1[2]

Sunday was a busy day,  church in the morning, then off to the designer outlet for a wander before taking the little man to a party for a few hours in the afternoon. We then finished the day by having dinner out…this time I did have pudding…lol!!

Martha had her 12 week inoculations today, she seems to be ok, I do have the Calpol to hand though, just in case. We had a wander into town afterwards, I bought the Barack Obama autobiography and a few DIY bits and bobs…nothing too exciting! Both the kiddiewinks had an afternoon sleep which gave me a couple of hours to put up my new pictures and arrange my new candles etc which I bought over the weekend. My parents came over for dinner this evening, I cooked Spaghetti Bolognaise and garlic bread…yummy!! My mum very kindly cut my hair too, a trim all over with some more layers and this time a fringe…not too short so that I can still clip the front up if I want to. I hope to dye it tomorrow as I have 3 inch roots…!!

I completed the stitching for the first of my PIF 2 gifts, whilst watching Whitechapel, I really enjoy these TV dramas it gives me something good to watch whilst stitching.

Tomorrow will be a “at home” day, I have the beds to change and some ironing to do, but that’s about all, I hope to do some more stitching on my Beatrix Potter Sampler…then I really must start my Huswif.

Goodness I have waffled tonight….bet you are all asleep…

Hugs & Stitches

Elisa x

8 comments:

Theresa said...

The heart is adorable!!!!! Perfect finish as always~
Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day~ Those flowers are beautiful~

Stitchabilities said...

Oh wonderful gifts both given and received,Beautiful flowers, Jealous of the Take that tickets you lucky girl!

Julie said...

Beautiful gift for Shaun and he really spoiled with those lovely flowers and gifts.

Hope Martha is ok.

Feb seems to have gone so fast, i really must get BP out too.

Christine said...

Lovely Valentines gifts Elisa, and that is one enormous bouquet of flowers!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous heart finish Elisa, and oh boy! were you spoiled.
I hope Martha is ok after her first inoculation
I watched the Whitechapel series, wasn't to happy with the ending though?

Sally said...

Love the gift for Shaun and your flowers are gorgeous! He really spoiled you; you are so lucky:)

Angela said...

The heart is lovely and the flowers are delightful.

Karan said...

Lovely heart & what an amzing bunch of flowers. Glad things are going so well - he certainly knows how to spoil a girl! LOL :0)