Sunday, 1 November 2009

SAL’s & Treats

Well it seems ages since I posted an update, this is mainly due to the fact I have no stitching to show…not because I have not been doing any, quite the opposite, I have been doing lots of exchanges, gifts and secret stitching, my Christmas Mailart Exchange is now complete and made up, just a handmade card to make up now to go with it. I have stitched my October Christmas Ornie for the S&S SAL and the 2 Christmas Ornies for the Stitchers Showcase and Stitching Exchanging exchanges, they are just to all make up, I may make that my task for today.
Talking about SALs, I have joined 3 for next year, firstly the LHN Ornies SAL, the first design is pictured below, Vonna is running the blog and has also arranged the we can get auto shipment each month of the new design from Down Sunshine Lane, if you would like to join this year long SAL please visit the blog here.falala
The second SAL I have signed up for is at the Stitch & Stash board and it is a Just Nan SAL, I am ashamed to admit I have never stitched one of her designs, so this was the perfect opportunity to do so, I have decided on NeedleStory, which funnily enough I already had the chart and embellishment pack for, so I just had to make a little trip to Sew and So to purchase the thread requirements, I have some fabric which I have decided on too (not pictured)
SDC10961
The third SAL is on the Stitcher’s Showcase Cross-Stitch Group and is the “Bouquet for Cheryl” design, I am actually running this SAL so if you would like to join it please email me at the address at the top and I will invite you to join the group, I am also setting up a blog for this so that all the progress pictures can be seen in one place.
I thought you may like to see this photo of Miss Martha, taken this morning, with a lovely toothy grin, she is a year old in 3 weeks, can you believe how quickly this year has gone, I certainly can’t. She is crawling everywhere now (thank goodness for playpens), and getting very fussy with her food, she hates mashed and lumpy food and is not too keen on finger food….lol, so it’s trial and error every mealtime, but it is lots of fun :0)
SDC10964
I still had some birthday money left and had decided to buy the Cath Kidston “Sew” book, which had a RRP of £15, but my treasured friend Michelle messaged me to let me know that she had found it on Amazon for only £8.99…fantastic…so I went straight on and found it…I also wanted the “Make” book too, which was at the same cost…as most of my regular readers know I am a bit of a CK devotee and visit the shop at least once a week (we are lucky enough to have one here in York) and I have always wanted the sticker book too, which is full of stick on labels and stickers for gifts, jam pots etc, but I have always thought it was a little too pricey…BUT good old Amazon had a deal for the 2 books “sew” & “make” and the label book all for £22…WOW…they were just meant to be all mine…lol…and here is a picture of the beauties for you to see :0)
SDC10958
Last Monday we had to head to Leeds as Isaac had a check up at the hospital, nothing to worry about he just has an annual check up with his consultant in regard to the operations he had as a baby. We went with my parents and did a bit of shopping before the appointment and headed to Primark where I bought some lovely clothes for Miss Martha and some little Christmas gifts too. I also bought my bi-monthly magazine indulgence…this is the ONLY magazine I regularly buy now and I just adore it….it’s so pretty and all the projects in it are so pretty too.
SDC10960 
Finally if you haven’t fallen asleep by now…these baskets below have arrived in my house a lot sooner than I ever imagined, my Mum bought these from Ikea….donkey’s years ago and I have always admired (wanted) them….every time my Mum has gone to Ikea she has searched for them…but no luck, it therefore became a family joke that I would get them in her “will”….but my Mum was having a sort out last week and decided it was time for the baskets to come to their new mum….so they are now taking pride of place on the stitching cabinet…I haven’t filled them as yet….but once I do I will let you know what treasures have the honour of going in them :0)
SDC10962
Well my stitching friends…it is a very wet and miserable Sunday here…definitely a sit and stitch day with DVD’s, comfort food and fluffy slippers.
Thank you as always for taking the time to read and comment on my posts I really do appreciate your time….
Happy Stitching
Elisa x

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh its a wet and miserable day here too!
Ive also signed up for the LHN ornie SAL. Looking forward to it!

annelize said...

Hi Elisa,

It's grey, wet and windy here in Essex, too. I have a mountain of ironing to do (boo) before I can stitch, otherwise I'll be sitting at work in my underwear tomorrow. That would not be good!

Have a nice day.

stitchersanon said...

Well, that makes a blooming change: nice and sunny here lol.
I love those baskets! They are so perfect. I rarely like things like that but they really are cute: and think how much stash you can get in them lol
I will pop along and see what your SAL is like: I am having to be realistic now though: too many fingers in too many pies. i love your books...are they suitale for beginners?

Michelle said...

Elisa - Martha is so cute. Where has time gone. Your baskets are cute - I remember seeing those or similar in Ikea. I think it'll be a good year next year for SAL's.
Michelle x

Karan said...

There are so many great SAL's starting next year I'm spoilt for choice! LOL
Very cute little lady..... & you're right, that year has gone very quickly. :0)
Nice stash & baskets. Enjoy your day - it sounds like bliss. :0)

CindyMae said...

I am looking forward to the SAL on Stitcher's Showcase! I love the other ones you are doing as well. Can not wait to watch them all grow. Time does go fast, way to fast. Martha is adorable though, look at the gorgeous smile!

Claire said...

It's raining here too.

Angela said...

Very tmpted to join the LHN SAL. I shall try to be sensible and sleep on it before I make a decision as I'm terrible at keeping up with SAL's.

Vinniey said...

Hi Elisa, so glad to discover your beautiful blog via Stitcher's Showcase. Your daughter is so cute! :) I'm interest in joining the SAL on Stitcher's Showcase, and it's my first time to join SAL. Wonder how and when the SAL start.

Christine said...

I'm very tempted by the LHN SAL myself.
Great pic of Martha

Julie said...

Lots of eye candy in this post!

Carol R said...

Martha is adorable - I cannot believe she is nearly a year old already!
Love the baskets - look forward to see what you decide to put in them.

Sally said...

I haven't made up my mind which JN to do for the S&S SAL yet. I have a choice of three! Lol!

The LHN ornie SAL is very tempting. I do like the first one but I think I'll be good and try not to but anymore stash. lol

Martha is so cute:)

Chris said...

Hi Elisa

Some lovely SALs lined up for the new year.. I am tempted by the Just Nan myself and what beautiful pic of Martha, hasn't she grown?
Hope you're enjoying your week, damp and dank here, its stay in a stitch weather!
Hugs
Chris x