Isn’t it just wonderful when the postman brings you treats and this morning I received 2 treats :0) the first being a beautiful PIF gift from Sally, it is a delightful “Forget me Not” needleroll, I had admired this on Andrea’s blog as Sally stitched one for her, so Sally decided it would be perfect for me…and it is…thank you so much Sally I will treasure it :)
The second treat was a parcel from my wonderful stitching friend Michelle and she has stitched me a gorgeous hanger which I absolutely adore…I have even already put a hook in the wall above my stitching cabinet to hang it under my Tailor Of Gloucester picture. Thank you so much Michelle, you are such a special friend to me xxxx
Now onto an exchange piece which I sent to Marian for the Stitchers Showcase Christmas Ornament Exchange, it’s a Lizzie*Kate Tiny Tidings design “Feliz Navidad” which Marian tells me is perfect for her as her second language is Spanish…it is stitched with DMC threads and finished with beads on the tree and one the corners of the ornament.
I received my new sewing unit last Saturday and promptly put it together and it looks fantastic…as promised here is a picture for you to see, I am really pleased with it, it’s looking rather tidy at the moment as I haven’t done any sewing on it as yet…lol.
Whilst I am showing you this I thought I would show you the rest of my sewing and stitching bits and bobs…here is my stitching cabinet…filled with my fabbies, charts, threads and WIPs etc….
here is a close up of the 2 baskets which are on the top which contain a lot of my stitched smalls, both stitched by myself and my friends :)
and finally my 4 boxes of speciality threads containing my collections of Dragon Floss, Six Strand Sweets and Carries Creations, I think I will need to get some more of these soon as I am running out of space in my cabinet for all my “other” speciality threads…lol.
I am really looking forward to the weekend, it’s Miss Martha’s first birthday tomorrow and we are having a little family tea party… the kids are then going to their daddy’s for the night and Sunday and my boyfriend is coming over for the weekend…yes you read right boyfriend, I have kept it quiet for a while but it’s now “public” lol…I’ll keep you all in suspense for a bit longer for all the details…lol
Right off to do some more party baking…photos of the weekend will follow Monday…promise…hope you all have a great one too.
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
7 comments:
Lucky you, a secret!
I cannot believe Martha is going to be one! No way!!!! That has gone so quickly.
Have a wonderful day with lots of fun for Martha, and when they have gone to Daddy's, lots of fun for you ;-)
TTFN
Wonderful PIF you rec'd :) And the ornament from Michelle is so pretty too. Love your LK ornament exchange :) Your sewing room looks fabulous!
Three lovely exchange pieces there. I wish my sewing area was as neat as yours.
Happy birthday to Martha and enjoy your weekend.
So pleased it all arrived safely. Sending Martha special hugs and kisses for a wonderful day. Your pictures are amazing I love your baskets - its so lovely to be able to have stitched pieces on display. Your sewing table looks fab - hey maybe one day we'll all come round and sit and stitch all day! Will e-mail you about your other news ...... Take care Love Michelle x
All exchanges are lovely.I cleaned my stitching area up today but it doesn't look as good as your's.
Gorgeous pieces, sent & received. Love the baskets of smalls too. You are so organised! :0)
Happy Birthday Wishes to Martha - that year has flown! Have a great weekend. :0)
So glad it arrveid safely, Elisa, and that you like it:)
Lovely gift you received from Michelle too.
I can't believe Martha is one already!
Post a Comment