I’ve managed to do plenty of finishing up this week, which I am pleased about…firstly here is the pillow I made for my Mum for a birthday gift.
Little House Needleworks “Lavender Hill”
Stitched on 28c Jobelan in Bay Leaf with DMC threads
Finished as a long pillow with cotton lace trim
I have made some more progress on my “Cheryl” SAL, it’s now 3/4 done so I hope that I will now complete it my the end of the year…this is such a lovely piece to stitch and the threads are so pretty too.
And now for something a little different from me…I have finally finished my scarf, which has been an on and off knit since the start of the year…its so soft and snuggly…the light doesn’t really show the colours too well, but from the close up you can see its a multi-textured yarn with flecks of green, beige and gold running through the rusty orange colour.
Also some other knitting…washcloths for gifts :0)
I baked some banana loaves today as I had some very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl…I have tried many recipes for this over the years but this one is by far the easiest and best
4oz butter softened
6oz sugar (caster or soft brown or a mixture of both)
8oz self raising flour
2 medium eggs
2-3 medium ripe bananas mashed
Cream the sugar & butter together, beat in the eggs and add the bananas, fold in the flour then spoon into a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin. Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven 180c for 40 minutes and the turn to 150c for a further 30 minutes…leave to cool then slice and munch!!
Hugs & Stitches
Elisa x
14 comments:
Beautiful gift for your mum. Your finishing is perfect. Love your knitting too. What yarn did you use for your cloths? Cake looks fab. If I cooked mine for that long it would burn on the top. Any tips? x
Love your pillow finish!!! It is sooooo cute!!! And I have to agree, those colors on Cheryl are amazing!!! Your stitches are so perfect, too!!! I like the way it pops out on your fabric~~~
That banana loaf looks delicious!!! It is making me hungry!!!!!
what a pretty pillow for your mom. I love banana bread.
Lovely finish! The lace edge is very pretty!
Cheryl looks amazing!
Lavender Hill is just beautiful! I love the way you finished it.
The SAL is progressing nicely. The scarf will be a lovely way to keep warm this winter!! Pretty color.
The banana bread looks yummy, and it looks like a very easy recipe.
The Lavender Hill cushion is so pretty, your mum will love it.
The banana bread looks yummy
Lovely work, the pillow is so pretty. The banana loaf made me feel hungry I bet it tasted great!
Oh i could eat some of that banana loaf right now LOL
LOVE that pillow!!!
What a lovely gift for your Mum Elisa - I think I also have that recipe for Banana bread. Looks yummy.
You have mail by the way.
Dear Elisa,
you had a very busy week, last week! The little pillow is marvellous, I love it! And your cake looks delicious! I get hungry when I look at it ;-)
Hugs from Austria
Hilda
The Lavender Hill pillow is beautiful Elisa. Bouquet for Cheryl is so pretty. The colours are gorgeous. Love the scarf and the wask cloths.
The banana bread looks yummy.
The little pillow is perfect:) Lovely works:)
What a beautiful gift you've made for your Mum!
my banana loaf always burns :( yours on the other hand does look scrummy! I just adore that 'Lavendar Hill', i've been looking to get it myself, you've turned it into such a lovely cushion.
Post a Comment