Friday, 19 November 2010

A Long But Productive Week…

Well it has been a long busy week…the decorating in Martha’s room is all complete…then we’ve moved onto the lounge, so as you can imagine it’s tricky trying to live normally as we don’t have a dining room. But here is a look at Martha’s complete bedroom, the camera ran out of battery half way through so these are the only ones I managed to get…will try to take some of the other side at a later date.
 
Martha and I have had to spend a lot of the time out of the house due to all the filling and sanding etc going on. On Tuesday we spent a lovely day in York with my Mum…we looked in all our favourite shops and as I have sold a huge number of my DVDs and CDs, I decided to treat myself to a few things. A gorgeous Cath Kidston teacup and saucer…and then I bought these lovely teas too, my favourite is Lady Grey, but I also bought these limited edition teas, Blossom Earl Grey and Rose Garden :0)
 
SDC11577 SDC11576
I also got a lovely present for Miss Martha in CK too :0)…but can’t reveal that yet.
I can reveal my latest finish to you all though…when I saw this advertised in issue 233 of Crosstitcher I knew I had to stitch it…
 
SDC11573
It’s stitched on 28c Brittany Mushroom using DMC threads and glass beads. The very lovely lady in Cath Kidston gave me a sample of the CK red and white dotty fabric which is what I used to back it and I found the little wooden toadstool in a gorgeous gift shop in town. The red dotty tape measure was my other purchase from CK…:0)
It’s Martha’s 2nd birthday on Sunday so I will be spending most of tomorrow cake making and decorating…I am going to attempt a princess castle cake…we will see how I get on…photos to follow.
The little princess decided to do some posing today…
 
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend…photo’s will follow early next week…
Hugs & Stitches

7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Martha's bedroom looks gorgeous as does the young lady herself. Lovely stitched finish. Hope Martha's birthday goes well. Looking forward to seeing the cake.

Michelle said...

Beautiful room for little Miss Martha - fit for a princess. Oh my I lov the Cath Kidston stuff its beautiful. Enjoy it. Michelle x

diamondc said...

Marthas room is so refreshing looking, I love the colors.
Congratulations on the great job.
Blessings
Catherine

stitchersanon said...

Martha's room is fantastic: and I love the toadstool! I cannot believe she is two already though: where did the time go?????
Wish her happy birthday from us in blogland!

Christine said...

Martha's room looks beautiful and I love the toadstool pincushion you made

Carol R said...

I have now posted your giveaway on my blog!

Nima said...

wow...lovely mushrooms..