Monday, 14 March 2011

Treats, Gifts, Progress & Finishes

Firstly as promised here is the gorgeous Valentine’s Giveaway gift I received from Lynn at Happiness Is Cross Stitching…isn’t it gorgeous, it’s so delicately and perfectly made…I will treasure it!
SDC11833
I had a childfree weekend as the children were staying with their Dad, so I managed to root out the sewing machine from the cubby hole under the stairs..I finished 3 exchange pieces and my next PIF (which I cannot share at the moment).
I also finished up the 2 tissue cases which I have made for Mark’s Mum and my Mum for Mother’s day gifts.
Polstitches Tissue cases 2Polstitches “Pearl Tissue Case”
Left: 28c Brittney “Olive” using Six Strand Sweet threads and pastel coral seed beads, lined in apple coloured shot silk fabric.
Right: 28c Brittney Lilac using Six Strand Sweet threads and lilac seed beads, lined in aubergine coloured shot silk fabric.
Both are filled with Cath Kidston decorated tissues!
Polstitches Tissue cases 1
I finally got around to making up my Lizzie*Kate “Living with Charm” wall hanging, I backed it with iron on Vilene and a lovely contrasting fabric and used wooden bell pull ends and a cappuccino coloured ribbon to hang it from…not a brilliant picture as the sun kept shining…lol…shouldn’t complain I suppose!!
LK Living With Charm Hanging
Finally here is my progress on TSG “In the Garden with Jane Austen” SAL…I hope to have a HD this week on the flower motif top right to complete and the picket fence to run along the bottom on the design…then all done…I have loved stitching this design.
11-03-11
I have done a small amount of stitching on my “Home of A Needleworker” WIP (no photo at moment), I have almost built the house, just the roof to complete and the windows to fit!!
I have updated my for sale/trade page…please let me know if anything takes your fancy!!
School Governor’s meeting tonight, so I won’t manage any stitching, I may have time to do some knitting when I get home…
Hugs & Stitches

12 comments:

Bekca said...

Your Lizzie*Kate piece looks fantasitc, we're getting lots of sunshine here at the moment too. It's perfect for stitching I think :) Your tissue boxes look so elegant and great work on Jane Austen, it's very pretty. Happy stitching to you.

Christina said...

Your tissue cases are beautifully finished Elisa, I wish I'd thought earlier about making Mother's Day presents!
Can you not take stitching to the governor's meeting and do it discreetly under the table?! In my experience, they're not the most thrilling of experiences!

Christine said...

Congratulations on your giveaway prize, it is so beautiful!
I love those tissue cases, the Mums will be delighted. Great finish on the LK bellpull too

Lynn B said...

Wow Elisa these tissue cases are beautiful, I love your other stitching too!
Glad you liked my valentine giveaway.

Karen said...

Your tissue cases are so pretty! Love all of your finishes and you WIP.

happy stitching....

Jules said...

Simply gorgeous pieces! I really like the mice in the giveaway win you received!! Too cute! And I adore the progress you have made on TSG.

Sally said...

I love your tissue cases Elisa. They are beautiful and what a wonderful idea for Mother's Day gifts.

Lynn's giveaway prize is stunning!

Lovely finish on the L*K and looking forward to your happy dance on Jane :)

Julie said...

Perfect Mothers Day gifts, they will be much treasured

Lynn's prize was stunning!

Kate said...

Fabulous giveaway win - congratulations.
Love the tissue cases.

Marian said...

Fantastic finishes!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful giveaway prize you received, congratulations!
Those tissue cases are gorgeous, I'm tempted to get the chart for those from Polstitches. Are those algerian eyelets I see? I love doing them lol.
The LK finish is wonderful, love how you've done it, very pretty.

Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on your lovely win from Lynn.
Your tissues covers are wonderful. The finishing is just spectacular.
Very nice LK finish.