Wow what fantastic few days we have had “up north” the weather has been glorious….warm sunny days with a gentle breeze making it so comfortable to enjoy it.
I have had a child free weekend so have spent most of it “spring cleaning” sorting out clothes, wardrobes, cupboard etc…bagging all the old clothes for the charity shops and generally having a great sort out….it feels good to have a de-clutter!
My bathroom is almost finished, I put the new shower curtain and pictures up yesterday, my Dad is coming later today armed with electric drill etc to put up my new bathroom cabinet and shelf unit…( I would have usually done it myself, but my drill has disappeared and also the cabinet is going on a wall with tiles on) then all my lovely new seaside trinkets (lighthouse, driftwood yacht, beach hut, shells etc) can take pride of place…also I hope to have this finished and framed by next weekend to hang in there too…
As soon as I saw this piece in BBD A Stitcher’s Journey, I knew I had to stitch it for my new bathroom…I have chosen a greeny/blue hand-dyed fabric and Crescent Colours floss “Caribbean Waters”…the bright sunlight doesn’t really give the true colours…it is stitching up so quickly…only 2 evenings I have spent on this and I am over half way though it…so finger’s crossed a few more evenings it should be ready to frame!
Wednesday night was TSG SAL night at Needlecraft Haven, so I managed to made a little progress on my Sense & Sensibility sampler…not as much as I would have hoped due to a nasty headache…but I did manage to complete the green border ready to build the house inside it!
School Easter break starts tomorrow, so lots of activities need to be found for the little monsters cherubs…hope you all have a fantastic rest of Sunday.
Hugs & Stitches

12 comments:
Very pretty finish! Can't wait to see pics of your new bathroom....sounds great!
happy stitching.....
What a lovely bath you're going to have - want to come do mine? :-) Have a good week with your little darlings!
I really like that Come Down to the Sea stitch. Your color choice is wonderful!
Lovely stitching! Your BBD finish will be perfect for your newly decorated bath!
I love that feeling you have after you've decluttered and reorganzied!!!
What a lovely design - can't wait to start it but its quite a way down on my list. So many nice designs in the BBD book. Your bathroom sounds wonderful x
Lovely piece I bet it'll look lovely in your bathroom.
Well done on the de-clutter, something I need to do soon.
Our easter break doesn't start till Friday, then the kids are off for two weeks
Your stitched pieces look so enjoyable to do. I especially love the piece with the lighthouse! Enjoy your Easter break!
Lovely finish! How about a picture when you find the perfect spot in your themed bathroom? (I love looking at themed rooms!)
I love this design too! The lighthouse and the blue thread...so pretty!
Wow you've made fantastic progress on the BBD piece Elisa. This is one of my must stitch ones from the book.
Lovely progress on your TSG one too.
Love that design for your bathroom, very exciting to have a new one. You seem to have settled happily into this house.. happy days!
Hugs Chris x
I love your BBD wip Elisa, it's going to be my first stitch from the booklet, I already have my floss chosen, just need to be able to find somewhere to fit it in the rotation lol.
Great progress on your TSG wip as well.
Post a Comment