Wow it seems an age since I last posted to my blog, but with the half-term holidays, blogger playing up and general life I just haven’t got around to it…. I have managed some stitching though….I did finish this on Friday evening…
The Sampler Girl “Sense & Sensibility” Sampler
28c Jubilee tea-dyed by myself using the charted DMC threads
Started 25th March 2011 – Completed 3rd June 2011
For the TSG SAL at Needlecraft Haven (NCH)
My wooden cigar style boxes arrived from Craft Depot on Thursday..so yesterday (as childfree) I spent a good few hours making my first stitcher’s box, with my BBD design I finished a few weeks ago.
Prairie Schooler “Summer” design – GOSM February 2008
28c Brittney “Olive” using the charted DMC threads
Finished as a pillow with a ruche ribbon trim
Last Sunday was reveal day for the monthly challenge over at NCH (shows how far I am behind!!)..I decided to stitch this in the blue & white colourway…finishing it as a lavender filled lace trimmed pillow for my Gran for her birthday this week.
Barb sent me a wonderful RAK a few weeks ago and then last week she also sent me the SB “Sophie’s Roses” chart she had just stitched and finished with…so I wanted to stitch a thank you for her…when I saw this little freebie chart (I have searched the net to find it but unfortunately cannot find the link) I just knew it was “Barb” as she adores sheep…I made it into a scissor/floss keep..
Elizabeth’s Designs Freebie “ Full Moon”
28c Beige evenweave using DMC threads of my choice
Well no more pictures…thank goodness you cry! Another childfree day today (until 4pm), so I intend to “break eggs with big stitcks”, some ironing to do, presents to wrap, grass to cut front and back, a couple of new starts to kit up….a new piece for the TSG SAL on Wednesday, I think I may do a few smaller designs to make into bedpost hanging pillows…I also am going to make a start on Sophie’s Roses, but just need to do a thread conversion on that…I also have made a start on scarf # 4 so I fit knitting in here and there….if I don’t have enough to do…!
Well waffling anymore will not get those eggs broken…have a great Sunday and enjoy it whatever you do!
Hugs & Stitches
22 comments:
Beautiful stitches! Especially love the box, such a pretty finish!
Wonderful....all wonderful....
Great stitching and exchanging. Isn't it fun to exchange. Are your pieces are beatiful and I love them all.
Everything is Beutiful Elisa!
Flip! You've been a bit busy Elisa. Everything is gorgeous. x
Wow, look at all your pretty finishes! You've been keeping very busy! Enjoy your child-free time today!!!
Lovely work as usual, kudos on your box finish:) Wishing you a great week.
All of the finishes are beautiful! The box is fabulous.
Lovely finishes. That box looks stunning. So does your Sampler Girl finish, The little pillow you made for Marie is adorable too.
Your gran will be delighted with that gorgeous little pillow.
You have some beautiful finishes...love them all especially the box finish!
Wow, so many "pretties" to comment on! Your Jane Austin finish looks perfectly done. You did a great job on your stitching box; no one would know it's your first. And both the to and from exchanges pieces are lovely. The only complaint I have is that I tried to find the Full Moon freebie and couldn't!
What a lovely post, worth waiting for! I loved looking at all your finishes.
I especially like the box.
Great stitching and finishing Elisa
Wow!!! You have been busy!!!! Just look at all these pretties~~~~ Great finishes!!
Elisa you did a lovely job with the stitchers box - well done and I adore all the stitched pieces you have completed. xx
You have been busy! Great job with all your finishes especially love the stitchers box!
Beautiful stitches and finishes!! Love your box finish!
Oh I am dizzy with all this dancing, super duper TSG finish and have I started something with the bedposts lol.
The box is stunning and love the little lavender pillow colours.
Thanks again for my little fob I love it as you know.
Hope you well and truly scrambled those eggs and enjoyed having some time to yourself.
Hugs
All your finishes are gorgeous Elisa.
All are wonderful finishes.
Wow, Elisa, you have been busy and everything looks gorgeous! I LOVE your TSG finish and the gift you made for Barb. Your box is absolutely gorgeous. You did a a fantastic job on it!
Lots of lovely piccies, love the box, thats amazing
Post a Comment