Not in a good way either….I have been horribly ill with a severe bladder infection and all the nasty side effects that go alongside it…I am 50% better than I was at the beginning of the week but not quite fighting fit yet!
I have had a childfree day today (thanks to Grandma & Grandpa) so have managed to make up a few pieces…two I can show, one is for an exchange so that is a secret until it arrives at its new owner’s home.
Firstly is the ring pillow for a wedding….I absolutely loved stitching this design, it was supposed to be stitched on 28c fabric but I only had 32c, therefore I added a few rows of beads, cross-stitches and Algerian eyelets….
JBW Designs “Sweet Nothings” Ring Pillow
32c Murano White, White DMC and white glass beads
Finished as a ring pillow, with vintage Mother of Pearl buttons and embroidered net lace
Secondly I finished up also the end of school year gift for Isaac’s teacher..
Lizzie*Kate “My Teacher”
32c Murano Ivory with own choice DMC threads
Finished as a pillow with red gingham backing, ric-rac edging and a red bow!
I am now all up to date with my exchanges…due to this and illness my WIP’s and SALs have taken a back seat, but hopefully I will now be able to bring them back out and carry on….
I purchased my copy of WOXS yesterday and yes there I am on page 32…how blooming exciting eh!! I also bought a copy of Mollie Makes…OMG I love it, I have now ordered a subscription of it too….lol
Well have a good weekend all, I have a few hours childfree tomorrow too as the children are going strawberry picking with their Daddy…better remember to bring some back for their ole Mummy!
Have a good weekend whatever you chose to do!
Hugs & Stitches
22 comments:
just found your blog,you have done some lovely stitching,hope you feel better soon.
http://sweetpeastitcher.wordpress.com
I hope you're feeling better soon Eliza. Bladder infection is something really nasty.
The Ring Pillow cushion turned out gorgeous. Love it. The gift you made for the teacher is lovely too. Mrs Holmes must have been thrilled.
Hope the kids bring you heaps of strawberries
The ring pillow is exquisite. Your work is beautiful.
Love the little teacher pillow also.
I hope you feel better soon.
Margaret
Sorry to hear you are not well,I hope you get better soon.
Lovely ring pillow and gift for the teacher
Hope you get well soon, lovely finishes.
I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of Mollie Makes! Hopefully it comes out in NZ soon
What a beautiful ring pillow, it's so gorgeous! I love the gift for Isaac's teacher too, I'm sure she'll love it. Sorry to hear you've been so poorly, I hope you feel much better soon. Best wishes.
I hope you are 100% soon Elisa. Bladder infections are nasty.
Beautiful finishes as always. You always seem to find the perfect trims etc for your finishes and finish them off so prettily.
I hope you get lots of strawberries :)
hope you are feeling much better now :) love the ring pillow absolutely gorgeous finish and the wee ones had better remember some strawberries for us all;0 heheh .. take care and happy stitching love mouse xxx
Hope you are feeling better soon Elisa. Your ring pillow is absolutely gorgeous. Love the present for the teacher as well. Hope you get plenty of strawberries.
What a beautiful ring pillow, the finish is lovely as are the changes you made.
I've been "teacher-stitching" too this month, 1 done, 2 to go!
Oh, Elisa, I hope that you are feeling better soon. Bladder Infections are just the worst, poor sweetie. Hugs.
Your finishes are gorgeous, and I agree with Mouse, your finishes are always breathtaking, and your creative touches make me smile. Mrs. Holmes is going to flip over her gift, lucky Isaac to have a Mum such as you.
Congratulations on your WOXS, I am off to purchase my copy, you famous gal, you. I wish we had "Mollie Makes" here in the US, but we do have WOXS, so I am happy!
Take care
XOXO
Ma
The ring pillow is gorgeous! Be sure to post a picture of the ring bearer in all his glory carrying it. Take care of yourself and feel 100% soon.
Sorry you have been ill. Hopefully you will be all well soon! Love the ring pillow, it is gorgeous! And the pillow for the teacher is so cute!
I hope you feel much better soon Elisa. I had the same thing a couple of months ago so I know exactly how you feel!
Absolute adore your ring pillow. Can I ask you how big it is? I want to stitch one for a friend's son and future DIL in Florida for 11.11.11 (no excuse for forgetting an anniversary eh?) and this might suit.
Oh dear Elisa, that doesn't sound fun at all, hope you feel better soon.
The ring pillow is gorgeous
Mollie Makes is fantastic isn't it?
Elisa: Wow what abeautiful pillow, such lovely work.
Catherine
diamondc
Sorry you have been feeling so bad, hope it will be completely over soon! The ring pillow is just gorgeous! I find stitching white on white so hard - you did fantastic.
Hope you're feeling better soon. Lovely finishes on the ring pillow and the teacher gift.
I do hope you are feeling better!!
What a beautiful pillow and cute piece!!
Gorgeous ring pillow and a beautiful gift for the teacher. Hope you are continuing to improve.
Sending you hugs and hoping you feel better soon Elisa.
The pillow is just stunning well done. Your LK To My Teacher is lovely. xx
Two lovely finishes. Well done.
Post a Comment