Saturday, 20 August 2011

Finally a Start

I have finally made a start on my Lizzie*Kate Lover SAL “12 Blessings”, I am stitching it as 12 separate pieces to make up as ornaments…I chose “Love” first…I’m stitching them all on 32c Murano “Taupe” with the recommended DMC threads.

336850_10150268306052167_667832166_8005437_6059_o

I sent a little RAK to my lovely treasured friend Michelle this week….for for her being her…lol

Pins Wreath

Threadworks Primitive freebie “Pins Wreath”

28c Brittney “Lilac” DMC threads of own choice

Finished as a pinkeep

I joined Carol’s iStitch mystery SAL….here is my progress

289414_10150266213212167_667832166_7987677_5328895_o

I’m stitching it on 40c natural linen with Dinky Dyes Silk “Peter Pan”…and oh wow how tricky to stitch on this 40c…lol

Well managed to do some study reading this past few evenings, childfree today so I have caught up with household and garden chores and this afternoon I have watched the first half of Cleopatra with Liz Taylor whilst stitching…studying and stitching together…perfect multitasking if I do say so myself.

I have also booked myself a ticket at the theatre to see a production of Dr Faustus which is one of the subjects in my module, I haven;t been to the theatre for years and last time was to see Grease the musical!!

Tonight is Chinese takeaway, stitching and…yes it’s back X FACTOR!!!!!!…yeehaaa!

Have fun whatever you do….thank you as always for visiting and commenting on my blog, it is really appreciated.

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Elisa - I will treasure your gift as I said it arrived at the perfect time. I have stitched all the LK ornaments and certainly help fill my tree - lovely starts and thanks for your support xxx

Chris said...

Beautiful projects! I love the little pins finish and your color choices for this.
Enjoy the Chinese food :)

Shelley said...

Love your start on the LK 12 blessings. I started mine this weekend too! I'm doing mine as one big piece though. Looking forward to sharing the journey :)

Anonymous said...

These LK blessings will make gorgeous ornaments. Congrats on finishing the first one.
LOVE the pin wreath you sent to Michelle. Admired it already on her blog too. It's so very beautiful.
Your Mystery piece is looking great too. Lovely color.

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new start on the L*K. I stitched these on one big piece. Great progress on your mystery SAL. A gorgeous gift for Michelle.

Sally said...

Lovely stitching Elisa. Your gift for Michelle is gorgeous.

Love your finished TSG piece in your previous post. Such pretty colours.

diamondc said...

Elisa: Your angel is so sweet, I am in love with the pin keep.
Nice work.
Blessings
Catherine
diamondc

Solstitches said...

I love what you made for Michelle and you SAL piece is looking good.
The LK angel is very sweet.

Margaret

Bekca said...

I studied Dr Faustus for my A level, it's a really thought-provoking play. I love the little RAK you made, it's so sweet. I hope you enjoyed your evening of takeaway and x factor, sounds like a good time! Best wishes.