I’ve managed to do some stitching this past week, not as much as I would have liked…due to a bad headache which lasted the week…I went for an eye test yesterday, but my eye’s haven't changed really, so I trip to the doctors is on the cards this week. My Mum thinks I have overdosed on medication and now it’s not working and just poisoning my system, so I am not taking any even though there is a slight headache above my right eye, I am persevering on just using tiger balm on my temples to ease it…
Wednesday was TSG SAL night at NCH and I stitched some more on “Pleasant Hill”, if I get a good evening of stitching this week, I hope this will be a HD!
I have spent most of the week stitching this beauty, it’s a birthday gift for my Mum, I was going to do her the L*K Secret Garden, but she saw a needleroll I had done for a friend and fell in love with it, so I decided to do one for her. It’s “April Rose” needleroll by Heirloom Embroideries, it appeared in GOSM April 2008, I changed the colours to suit my Mum’s tastes. I have liked this as it’s included new stitches, including woven crosses and spider web stitches…which look so lovely when wanting to stitch roses, just another row of roses to do and a little back stitch then this will be all ready to finish up.
Barb sent me this gorgeous design a while ago as I had admired it on her blog, I haven’t used the asked for colours, but adapted it with Carries Creation threads….
I have chosen my fabric now for my 2 new projects, I am stitching them both on 40c natural linen, the first time on 40c…good job I have my daylight lamp!!
I have joined Carol’s mystery SAL and I have chosen to stitch my piece with Dinky Dyes silk “Peter Pan”
Finally…I purchased some lovely fabrics from eBay this week….the larger green rose fabric is to make up my TSG “in the Garden with Jane Austen” finish from a while ago….cushion or bag…not quite decided yet!! The red gingham is for my Christmas stitching and the others just had to be bought to warrant postage…lol…my excuse anyhow!
Nothing planned this week as yet, let’s hope the weather improves so we can all actually get outside….the kids now have a new trampoline in the garden…so they will be happy on that for a few days….I need to cut the grass…once it dries out that is.
Had notification from the OU that my textbooks have been despatched…exciting!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today….I appreciate your time and your comments!
Hugs & Stitches
11 comments:
Your projects are pretty. I love that one you are stitching for your mother. The colors you chose look great together. Can't wait to see it finished.
Jen :D
Love all of your stitches and goodies!!
Elisa: I do hope your headache goes away soon, I hadone for a week and foiund out it was an impackted sinus cavity what a feeling it was to clear it out of course with neds.
I love the sampler you are doing for your Mother I look forward to the finished pictures, don't you just love Valdani threads they are almost better than chocolate.
I really like your fabric choices very pretty colors.
Catherine
diamondc
What a lovely selection of sttching! I'm doing the iStitch one too and I'm tempted by the GOS one.
I like your justification of making the most of P&P, I do that too!
Great stitching Elisa, and some lovely fabric too
Oh I love the fabric Elisa - my kind of shopping! xx
Snap - I just bought some fabric for ebay but mine is for Halloween stitching!
Your needleroll is lovely - your mum is sure to love it.
Good luck with the 40ct linen - personally I really struggle to stitch on it. It did get a bit better when I bought the tiniest sz28 needles I could find & also I was using 2 strands of floss where 1 strand is so much easier!
Some lovely progress - really like the needleroll for your Mum.
I'm using DD thread for my Mystery SAL too - I chose Nanna - look forward to seeing yours.
Lovely fabric purchases.
Lovely progress on all of your WIP's.
Stitching first time on 40ct too. It's not too bad once you're used to it. Which took me a week ...lol.
Love also your new stash. Your Istitch will be lovely. Missed out on that one sadly.
Your Mom's needleroll will be just gorgeous! You've got some beautiful colours there for your new projects.
I hope your headache has gone away. I'm a migraine sufferer so I know its miserable when you body won't let you do what you want or what needs to be done.
I do hope your headache has gone now Elisa and that you get somewhere with your doctor. I get them for days on end sometimes and although they don't stop me doing too much ( I have to stop going on the PC for long periods) they make me feel really yucky and irritable.
Lovely stitching. I do love the look of that piece in GOS. Can't wait to see your iStitch SAL.
Post a Comment