Thursday, 29 September 2011

Just wonderful....NOT!!


Well isn't this just great....you try to do the decent thing for everyone involved and end up being the one who is blamed. I am the "famous" moderator in the "Heathergate" scandal, I informed Heather privately about the matter/decision not because I was ashamed to do it, because I didn't want to embarrass Heather at all. I was upset that I did have to make the decision, I am not a bad person just someone who had to deal with a bad situation, nowhere in public have I discussed this matter or made nasty comments about Heather or slagged her off, (I have made a public comment now but will not slag anyone one off either). I am a better person than this...I also will not go into the in's and out's, why's and wherefore's why this decision was made, I will just say it has taken well over 6 months to make it.

Due to the nasty comments being posted about me, I have stepped down as moderator of the blog, will no longer be taking part in any exchanges on any public exchange blogs and will be stopping blogging too.

And to all you lovely commenters who are quite happy to enter my giveaway and receive a stitched gift and other items from me and then in the next breath slag me off and write nasty things on other blogs, well that will not be happening....

I have been made a scapegoat out of this situation, when in fact as I said earlier I am a good person who had to deal with a bad and tricky situation...

Thank you to my "true" stitching friends who have emailed me and phoned me with their advice and support.


37 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Elisa,
I will say that this has caused a tremendous outpouring and yes I poured too, to the expectations therein.
I understand what is involved with having to be the bearer of such information and that this must have been a difficult task to preform, so my hat is off to you for standing up to that task and to stating your position in this post.
Please remember, as stitchers we are always there for one another.
Be always in stitches.

staci said...

I'm so sorry Elisa. I can't say that I know anything about what is going on, but just know that there are plenty of us out here who aren't like that and enjoy your blog. I hope you continue on.

{{hugs}}

Sally said...

Elisa I did comment on Heather's blog to encourage her not to stop blogging and being someone who has low confidence I can understand how it made her feel but I did not slag anyone off. I can only imagine the difficult position you were in as moderator as I've never been one. Please don't stop blogging and showing your lovely work as I love seeing what you've been stitching.

Hazel said...

Please don't stop blogging. I get such inspiration from you. People are rubbish at times. Please don't allow it to control what you do. xxxx

Bekca said...

I am so sorry you feel like this Elisa, but please don't let it affect your blogging. I am one of many who truly enjoy reading your blog and seeing the beautiful things you create. Hope you reconsider! Best wishes.

Gillie said...

And from me too, Elisa, please continue to blog.....and to meet in the parlour, lol! hugs, gillie x

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Hi Elisa, like Staci, I don't know what is going on but to take such drastic measures means you must feel very hurt. If you stop doing what you enjoy, then mean people win don't they? Why not have a break, get to grips with your studies and then think about coming back. I would really like you to come back. Irene xxx

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Really sorry that this is the first time I have commented on your blog Elisa - I truly hope it is not the last opportunity I have. Without your blog I may never have discovered TSG or subscribed to GOSM and been inspired by different threads and fabrics via your beautiful stitching and finishes. So if you choose to decide to stop blogging I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your work and for being such an inspiration.

Catherine said...

Both you and the other stitcher were put in very difficult positions. I did comment on the other blog to offer her some support and I am doing the same here in support of you. I am a firm believer in that there are always two sides to every story. It is sad that there has been one blog lost due to this mess, I'd hate to see another one gone. I hope you reconsider so we can continue to see and be inspired by your stitching.

Michelle said...

Elisa - I am so sorry for you I really am. You totally handled this tricky and delicate situation with the upmost dignity. Why is it that people are so darn quick to judge and make assumptions - where are those people when the role of 'moderator' for a group becomes vacant - no where to be seen as they don't want to have to be put in the same situation as you unfortunately found yourself in. Shame on them. You are a truly wonderful and inspirational friend and stitcher - so don't stop blogging because these people were quick to attack. Hold your head high and rise above it - you can as there are many of us out there who are genuine and value you as a person. Much love to you xx

Carol R said...

I have no idea what this is about Elisa but I do hope you have second thoughts about giving up your blog. I love to see not only your lovely stitching and finishing but also the pictures of your very beautiful children.
I wish you the best of luck with your Degree course.
xx

CalamityJr said...

Elisa, you are definitely caught in the middle. I have enjoyed Heather's blog AND yours, and the stitching that both of you do. Please don't stop blogging. If you need to take a breather until all this can settle down, that's certainly understandable. In time, bloggers and readers of blogs will forget this controversy and we can go back to being one big, happy community of ladies (and the occasional gentleman, I know!)with a common interest. Take care, Dear.

Angela said...

Like others Elisa I have been following you and when I have time commentating on your blog for a good few years now.

I have no idea as to what you are on about but I would urge you not to stop blogging. You are an inspiration to many stitchers, myself included. Like others have said if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have come across some of the wonderful suppliers that you have used.

If you stop doing something you enjoy and which also brings so much pleasure to others then you are letting the narrow-minded gossips win.

I suspect there are far more of us in the blogging world that support you than are out there slagging you off but sadly its usually the people you only have unpleasant things to say that get heard. What these people seem to forget is that they are simply showing themselves in public to be the mean-spirited sort of people that most of us want nothing to do with.

Hang in there Elisa you have more friends than enemies.

butterfly said...

Dear Elisa i am very new to blogging and i can also see two sides to a story and you have both been deeply hurt. I run a cross stitch club and i know what its like when someones stitching is not some times the standard of others and its a very fine line to cross , but if its stitched with love who cares, i know other girls in the group may not always be happy with an exchange.But we all have to start some where.
Do not give your blog up over this you will never forgive yourself. You have a great following and people look up to you.
The best thing is to talk to the other girl stand tall and say sorry , we can both work this out . you will both feel better and allot less painful.
It takes a very special person to say sorry even if you are not in the wrong. Life is far to short for all this upset.Think about it for a day or two and read your comments from the girls who care for you.
Enjoy the rest of your week. Hope my comment helps you, stay strong .

Sarah said...

Elisa, I was also one of the many who commented to Heather in sympathy and support. My comment, like many others was probably overly harsh of the faceless moderator and for that I am truly, deeply sorry. Your blogging gives me great enjoyment, it was one of the first wonderful stitchy blogs I found. Just from knowing you through your blogging its easy to see that such a decision wouldn't have been taken lightly and wouldn't have been done in a malicious way. I very much hope that you carry on blogging and we get to see your beautiful work again.

Lesleyanne said...

Please don't give up blogging Elisa. I understand if you need to take a break but please come back and show us your gorgeous stitching and children.

Ali said...

Hi there, I've been umming and aahing about whether to comment as I am not sure what has gone on. Just to say I am a fairly new follower of your blog and its lovely. I'm not far from you so when you talk about places - I know where you mean - so that adds to your blog. You were kind to me when I emailed you to see where you got a pattern from and it wasnt even off your blog!! - doh!! so thank you for even taking the time to help me out - that shows what a nice person you are. Dont stop blogging xx

JulieF1962 said...

Please don't stop blogging. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I also posted a message of support on Heather's blog as I found the whole situation rather sad.
I do think the name-calling was unnecessary as Heather herself said she felt sorry for the poor moderator who had to email her.
Could you possibly make your blog "member only" if you don't want a public blog? That way people could still share your lovely stitching.
I will make this same post on Angela's blog as I follow her too.

Gracie said...

As I have told Angela, I enjoy your blog also....and want to continue reading and seeing your projects. Do not let this issue change wo you are.

Nancy said...

So sorry you have been hurt. I don't know the details of what happened but I wanted to encourage you to keep blogging. I am a fairly new follower of yours and love your work. It would be such a shame to see you stop blogging. I and many others would really miss you. As bad as all this seems right now just remember that with time "this too will pass". Try and hang in there.

Melody said...

I know nothing of the situation you are speaking of, but I hope you will reconsider abandoning your blog.

I have enjoyed reading it.

Take care.

Solstitches said...

I'll add my voice to the others to say that I hope you'll reconsider your decision to stop posting to your blog.
I don't always have time to leave a comment but I do love to look at your stitching finishes and the pictures of your beautiful children.

Margaret

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Unfortunately in the internet world people are quick to jump all over other people without actually realising who they are talking about. It is easy to remain hidden when your name isn't mentioned, and people forget you may be their friend.

Please keep posting your work, I have enjoyed seeing your finishes and WIP it is always a thrill to see how well you finish. Please don't leave becauuse of one incident!

Tina said...

Please keep blogging,and of course enabling.Your stitching and finishing is so lovely it would be a shame to not show it xx

Lisa V said...

I do hope you reconsider also Elisa. Dont let the namesayers, slaggers and horrible people get you down. Like you said your "True stitching friends" know both sides of the story and thats all that matters.
Hugs to you my friend

Kate said...

So sorry to hear that you have decided to quit blogging due to this incident. I am also sorry that you had to be the person informing Heather. No, one deserves to be the scape goat, as it seems you have been made out to be. I hope you will reconsider you decision to stop blogging. I enjoy your blog, greatly.

Lorna @scrapsnscribbles/letssewit said...

tried to email you Elisa but it is bouncing back, i am sorry this has happened, been there, done that more than once in my blogging/exchanging/forum years, it is sad when people jump and are quick to comment without finding out all the sides, please dont leave blogland i love reading your blog and seeing your creations, being a mod is the one of hardest jobs to be in, i am so sorry people have been hurt and i hope the hurt is healed very soon x lorna x

Siobhán said...

I'm so sorry to read this! I posted a note of support on Heather's blog and I sincerely hope it wasn't perceived as slagging anybody off but rather supporting/encouraging Heather. I don't participate in exchanges because as I know I've said in comments I've left on some of your posts showing your finishes, your finishing is amazing and mine leaves a LOT to be desired. I hesitated about blogging just because of that--because I couldn't inflict my finishing skills, or lack thereof, on anybody. I know skill level is, frankly, a matter of opinion. I've had one friend complain about another friend's stitching, that it was "wrong"--this was because the other friend didn't start to the left of the vertical thread. Others complained because they didn't get what they thought was the sufficient amount of goodies in exchange packages, and yet another friend slagged off (and she really did slag them off) somebody for stitching something for her on aida. I didn't know the aida stitcher but was mortified on her behalf. I can understand that it must be a very difficult situation that you and Angela were placed in, and then to be castigated as the villians is even worse. Heather herself said that it wasn't the fault of the moderators. I say hang in there and keep your blog. It will all blow over and be forgotten. I hadn't known Heather before the post that I read about the issue and I'm sorry that she chose to close up her blog. As my mother would say, don't hide your light under a bushel... and you have such talent that it'd be a shame to not share that with everybody, even if it's just in pictures. Big hugs--I'm sorry for your hurt.

Lynn said...

I'm not sure of all the details involved but I do realize that there have been a lot of hurt feelings all around and I'm sorry to see this. I hope you'll reconsider your decision. I have only been following your blog for a short time but have enjoyed it immensely. Your stitching is wonderful and should be shared.

Parsley said...

I hope things smoothe over and that you will continue blogging. I'm new to your blog and would hate not seeing your projects.

Heather said...

I have to say, I have no idea what has happened. I shall miss reading your blog though, if you do indeed stop blogging.

Personally, again not knowing what has happened, I say keep blogging on your personal blog if it brings you joy. Do it for yourself, without worrying about other people.

L.O. said...

Elisa, I am saddened to hear that you are no longer going to continue on with your blog. Your blog has been a big source of inspiration for me and I have truly enjoyed reading each and every post. Thank you so much for sharing your passion for stitching and for being so kind with your comments. I wish you would continue on with your blog, but understand that you must do what makes you happy. Best wishes. Take care.

Jessica said...

Just came from Angela's blog where I can't say anything because her blog is now private (I use google reader where I can see all the public posts).

I have no idea about what happened. I'm just a confused reader. I don't know Heather and I guess I've never been to her blog. Whatever happened though, I am sad to see one blog gone and possibly yours too! :(

It looks to me like you still have a lot of friends. I hope you don't quit blogging. But I also believe in being happy and doing what's right for yourself... if that means not blogging here anymore then you will be missed.

Take care,
Jessica

Chris said...

Dear Elisa,

I don't know what has gone on here but from your post I can see you have been deeply hurt.. the rhymn 'Sticks and Stones can hurt my bones, but words will never hurt me'... these are lies.. Words do hurt and like feathers in the wind they can never be taken back. Don't let someones words affect you, your blog would be greatly missed and from my reading of your blog and all my on line dealings with you, they all only say to me what a lovely, lovely person you are.
Hard as it will be to you, just carry on and be yourself, because you are a super person and a fantastic stitcher and I can say this with honesty because I have received stitched items from you.
Be brave and smile through it, hug those beautiful children and feel blessed, because someone with your talents is blessed.
Love and blessings
Chris xxxx

Anne said...

Dear Elisa,
I've never left you a comment before but always read your blog with interest. So glad you have decided to keep going, you would be sorely missed!
Good luck with your OU course.
Anne

Lynn B said...

Hi Elisa,

Just catching up on reading your blog, I was sad to see this post, although I have no idea what it is about. Just know Elisa that I love your blog, I know I don't comment very much but thats just me, I can be a bit lazy when it comes to commenting!lol

It's nice to see you have changed your mind and are now going to keep your blog open.

Good luck with the Uni course, I went back to Uni as a mature student when I was 35 and I had a blast, it was such fun, but a lot of hard work. What are you studying?

Kind regards

Lynn B