Friday, 27 January 2012

Frosty Friday!

Its cold and frosty here this morning, but lovely and sunny and bright….I have the time to update my blog this morning as my kitchen is currently out of bounds due to the decorator being in there…wallpapering as I type!

I have managed some progress on two of my WIPs and my current UFO, plus I have knitted up another dishcloth.

Firstly my progress on my Witch School Sampler, which I am stitching as my SAL piece for the Sampler Girl SAL over at Needlecraft Haven, I have had quite a slow start on this one….but completed most of the dress on Wednesday evening so I am finally off and running!

340457_10150500333542167_667832166_9072011_1463315002_o

Secondly Milady’s Needle “A Gift From A Friend” this chart was gifted to me at Christmas by my wonderful friend Michelle, I stitched this Sunday evening whilst enjoying Call the Midwife and Birdsong.

397134_10150492396197167_667832166_9049353_625830668_n

Tuesday Evening is my UFO stitching evening, I re-started LHN Prairie Moon Sampler, I had forgotten what a lovely stitch it is, I have swapped some of the thread colours around slightly…

404938_10150493906967167_667832166_9054665_276120881_n

I knitted up another dishcloth, I used Lily’s Sugar & Cream cotton yarn…the colours are divine….I will have lots of lovely new dishcloths for my lovely new kitchen :0)

339257_10150496653962167_667832166_9062861_1574365241_o

I spend some time researching for my next Uni assignment, it’s a bigger essay this time on one particular subject, something to get my teeth stuck into…as they say. I am struggling where to start on it to be honest but this evening I think I will just start writing and see how I get on, often that’s my trouble it’s just the getting started, once I’m off then it does flow…finger’s crossed anyhow!

I hope to be back sometime early next week, if I don;t get lost under all my notes…lol

Have a great weekend!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

21 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely stitching always, good luck with your essay!

Thoeria said...

Your prairie moon sampler is looking lovely - as is all your other stitching :)
Nice soft colours on the dischcloth

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely stitching, and your dishcloth is fresh and Springy looking!

Angela said...

I love all the projects you are stitching :) The colors in the dishcloth are really pretty. Hope you have a great week!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress on both of your wips. I have Prarie Moon - I'd forgotton. Good luck with your essay. Love your dishcloth.

Unknown said...

Your stitching pieces are all looking great, I really like the Pairie Moon Sampler. And the colors in that dishcloth are beautiful. I may have to get some of that and crochet up a bag with it.

Christine said...

Great stitching Elisa. I'm not sure I could bear to use that lovely cloth for dishes!

Solstitches said...

Lots of lovely stitching in the works.
Good luck with the essay.
Margaret

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching all around! Best of luck with that essay!

Stitchabilities said...

If I did dishcloth in such lovely colours I wouldn't want to use them

Deanne J said...

Beautiful stitching

Barb said...

Oh Elisa what lovliness abounds here, Witchy Sampler oh look forward to seeing more of that on Wednesday in the parlour.The dishcloth is super duper nice colours.Lots of tea being made for decorators I hope!!!!
Have a good weekend

Julie said...

Super progress on your WIP's.

Michelle said...

I love the Prairie Moon Sampler Elisa its looking really nice. All your other WIP's are equally as stunning. Dishcloth - wow wonderful xx

Ruth said...

Lovely stitching -- but even bigger kudus on the kitchen decorating. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly.

So, I'm dying to know, what's the essay on?

Catherine said...

If the dishcloths are an indication of your new kitchen ~ well, I think it is going to be lovely!
Great projects and good luck with your next uni project!

Chris said...

Prairie Moon Sampler is looking really nice.. Nice to go back to something that's not too big a project.. well done on getting organised for your essay.. Having got my degree in my 40s I used to have problems getting started on an essay, especially the Philosophy but once I did it was easy ( well sort of!!LOL )
Love Chris xxx

Sally said...

Your WIPs are lovely Elisa. Prairie Moon is so pretty.

Bekca said...

Good luck with your essay! I've just got one of mine out the way and it's such a relief to get it done. I love your current WIPs, especially Prarie Moon, I've never seen that design before - it's fab!
Best wishes.

Angie said...

Great stitching

Anonymous said...

georgeous stitching Elisa, prairie moon is lovely
I so love your dish cloth but I don't think I could use it for dishes it's way to pretty, are they hard to make?
my knitting skills are very limited but would love to make a few cloths for my Mum as she would really appreciate them