Sunday, 8 January 2012

Stash, Baking, Chef in Training & 2 Finishes

My sale stash from Sew and So arrived yesterday, I was very restrained and just ordered some jingle bells and a few threads, some Dragon Floss, WDW, Valdani and Needlepoint Silks, they were all half price so a good bargain. I also ordered a couple of peices of fabric from Karla at The Patchwork Rabbit, they also arrived yesterday.

394280_10150463201707167_667832166_8951705_210131702_n

************************************************************

I had an abundance of banana’s going a little ripe (I hate them ripe) so I made a couple of banana loaves one for us and one for my parents…yummy!

194637_10150462957317167_667832166_8950677_183632679_o

************************************************************

I have a little kitchen helper now, whenever I head into the kitchen she is my little shadow, following me around and wanting to help..today she wanted to help with the vegetables for the Sunday Roast….a little chef in the making I think!

339898_10150462955417167_667832166_8950671_1511614733_o414950_10150462956237167_667832166_8950674_638085922_o

************************************************************

I finally finished up my iStitch Sew Mystery box….my Dad has had it for the past couple of months varnishing it, to be fair he sanded it, primed it, and varnished it 3 times, he did a great job!

324197_10150463842352167_667832166_8954762_41060462_o

I lined the inside with a fabric I found in the Viking Loom and trimmed it with an ivory/cream cord..the top I also edged in the same cord…I have burnt finger ends this evening from the hot glue gun :0(, there is a matching pin pillow which I have stitched but I haven’t finished that up as yet but will do soon!

327703_10150463841767167_667832166_8954754_2133450969_o

Another of Carol’s lovely designs is my first Christmas Ornament finish for my year long personal SAL, I also used my corder for the first time and made matching cord with the DMC thread I used to stitch…I don;t know why I’ve not done it before….easy peasy!

336113_10150463846537167_667832166_8954798_1296742887_o

iStitch Noel Freebie

28c Country French Linen “Cashel” – DMC threads

I finished up another peice tonight, but it’s secret stitching so I cannot reveal it yet…

Thanks for visiting….

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the little ornament and the box. Your father did a great job, but your stitching on the top is surely the rightful eye catcher.
What a cute little helper you have there

Catherine said...

Great stash and such lovely finishes. How sweet to have a box finished by both you and your father.
Your helper is adorable!

Unknown said...

Great stash! I love that you have a new assistant chef. When I am with my DGD, she "helps" me too, and I couldn't be happier. Your box is amazing - kudos to your Dad!

CalamityJr said...

What a sweet kitchen helper! The box turned out beautifully, and the ornament design is so cute.

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. Your kitchen helper is very cute. Great new stash.

Michelle said...

I think you were very restrained with your purchases! You bought some lovely items. Banana loaves - that is exctly what we do with our ripe bananas - they look yummy Elisa. Your Dad did a great job with your box. It looks lovely. What will you pop inside? I cannot believe how much Martha has grown - a little stunner xx

Christine said...

Lovely finishes Elisa. Cute sous-chef too

Stitchabilities said...

You were very good not over doing it in the sale!! LOL
That I stitch box is a lovely finish.
Aww it's great when they are that age, they want to help unlike my lot!!

Chris said...

Wow, new stash,lovely.
The finishes look great and I am sure that the banana bread was yummy.
It is so nice to have help.

Gracie said...

I love the box and stitching
I love banana bread
and the cute little helper!

Julie said...

The box is stunning, superb!
Your little chef is a cutie, its nice to have help in the kitchen.
YUMMY banana loaf is one of my favourites

Anonymous said...

Love your stash and your finishes too.
Your little kitchen help is very sweet!

Lynn said...

I loved this post. It has some of my favourite things in it... stash, banana bread, gorgeous finishing and who can forget the adorable helper!
Your box finish is amazing. Well done!

Sally said...

Your ornament finish is lovely, Elisa, and I love how you've finished off the iStitch mystery.

Nice stash haul from Sew and So. I looked but behaved myself ( makes a change!)

Oooh those banana loaves look delicious.

Aww how cute Martha is helping you out with the Sunday roast!

Chris said...

Love that box and your little helper, she is gorgeous.
Hope all is well for you and OU is proving satisfactory..
You were restrained, I too have bought from Sew and So and waiting for the postie!

Happy Days Elisa

Chris xx

Solstitches said...

Your box turned out beautiful. Love the lining fabric you chose for the inside.
Lovely ornament too.
Martha looks so cute helping in the kitchen.

Margaret