Monday, 6 February 2012

Monday Moans

Grrrr I HATE the snow, yes it is pretty to look at but doing a 2 mile round trip twice a day with a buggy to school is not my idea of fun, my poor arms, shoulders and back are aching now :0(

We had a quiet weekend, I sorted out some cupboards on Saturday and organised my charts into envelope folders and sorted my yarn out, then kitted up a few designs, firstly a gift for my Mum for Mother’s Day, my SAL with Michelle which we start the first Friday of March and a birthday secret stitch. Saturday evening I finished my February Christmas ornament for the SAL over at Christmas All Year Round and also my iStitch Sew Mystery Pin Cushion which watch the modern dramatisation on Ben Hur which I recorded over Christmas.

SDC12301

SDC12316

Nicoletta Farrauto “Merry Tree” GOSM November 2011

28c Country French Linen with DMC threads

Started 1-2-2012 – Finished 3-2-2012

SDC12309

Yesterday we had a DVD day, I managed some dishcloth knitting and then started the stitching on my Mum’s gift whilst watching `Time Traveller’s Wife’

Prairie Moon Sampler UFO had a little work done on it too (excuse the crumples)

SDC12286

I have started my next study book, which is Cultural Encounters, the first 2 chapters is about Benin in Africa, will make a start on that this evening….

Have a good week and stay warm!

Hugs & Stitches

81E189C61070A8AF1F36D568D7CA99FC

17 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Lovely post! I love the pincushion and ornament finish. They are both beautiful.

Deanne J said...

Beautiful stitching

Gracie said...

Great stitching.

Lesleyanne said...

Your stitching looks gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Sweet wee finishes, lovely trims! Benin is fascinating, have fun!

Unknown said...

I love those finishes! And your UFO is looking great!

Michelle said...

Your stitching is lovely Elisa - hate to be the bearer of bad news - more snow predicted for the weekend they say!

Hazel said...

Lovely finishes. I hate the snow too. Melt, melt!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes, your stitching is beautiful.

Julie said...

Super finishes. DD bought me the Tine Travellers Wife when it came out, I thoroughly enjoyed it, I hope you did too.

Mouse said...

lovely wee ornaments and your parie moon is coming along beautifully... good luck with the studying :) love mouse xxxx

Gillie said...

Have to look for that TGOSM one, it is beautul. Sorry about your aches and pains, Elisa!

Catherine said...

Great finishes and stitches! Good luck with your next round of studies!

Sally said...

Your pincushion and ornament look lovely Elisa. I've started my ornament today at craft club.

Oh I remember the days of struggling through the snow with a buggy! Not much fun at all.

Chris said...

Hi Elisa,

Some super stitching I love that scrunched ribbon trim on the mystery pin cushion.. did you scrunch it yourself or buy it scrunched? I 'll send you that Bothy Thread Buzzy Days chart as I rarely stitch a chart a second time..email me your address as I think the one I have is your old one.
Lovely to read you're enjoying your course, well done!
I can commerate with the push chair in the snow as my daugher now 46, ssshh don't tell anyone her age or they'll know my age!!LOL She started school in the January in snow...
I had to dress three small boys as well to take her and it took nearly 40 mins each day just dressing them. I had a twin pushchair and loaded them in then walked to the school which was 3/4 of a mile away and up hill, it was hard going!No wonder I was slim!!
Chris xx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Solstitches said...

Gorgeous finishes Elisa. I really love how you finished your iStitch pincushion.
Your Prairie Moon WIP is lovely also.
Margaret